SAU Community

Brant

[Ken]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest | hype^ |

k i dont mean to put a damper on the thread but do u guys really think its wise to post what alarm you have or are getting on a open forum?? :D

and especially how to bypass them, not mentioning any names .. (*cought urmine* :lol: )

Originally posted by soopamarcus

and you guys who fitted the AA02...

how much did it cost all up?

$595...which including getting a motor put in the drivers door. They did it on-site at my work :D

I'm in the North and need to get a Brant alarm - My car comes into Aus in 2 weeks, then has to be complianced - So not sure if the timing is right !

BF

Hey fellas i rang brant up and they told me that none of their alarms work in tandem with ANY turbo timers..

is this true? or has the guy bullshytted me??

ive got aHKS type 1..

also ppl that i spoken to..said that using a turbo timer..u gotta see how much the engine "shudders" when the timer turns off the car...cuz the engine shudder can cuase the "armed alarm" to be triggered and go off...

just a though

mc

:shake:

Err~!! take out my TT?? i havent even put it in yet..hehe

yeah prank the type1 has a 0-400 etc etc..but you wont be able to use the TT function..

DOes anyone know of any INSURANCE APPROVED alarms on the market that support turbo timer functions? for say :

under $600

2point immonbilisation.

black wiring

separate brain and siren?

pls help

mc:shake:

Originally posted by soopamarcus

WTF? are u kidding me? the tech guy at brant said they couldnt get it to work with and TT...

what turbo timer does ur friend have? and also which model brant does he have fitted?!~

mc:shake:

not sure - i think its an older model brant system...

i'll find out, but i know him well and i have seen it all work.

Guest | hype^ |

yeh i got told the same deal with boomerang ..

i wasnt too impressed..

made me thing twice about whether to get it or not..

but there must be some way areound it.. :uh-huh:

I got a TT and a Brant.

The deal is for some legal reason turbo timmers ain't legal so brant doesn't want anything to do with em.

What my car does is

You can look the doors and let the turbo timmer run then 30sec after the car turns off the imobiliser turns on but the alarm will not turn on unless you hit the button agian.

So it sorta works...

The Brant AA02 and Nemesis both work with turbo timers as I know a two people on this forum with this setup working fine.

Turbo timers are illegal though and if your insurance company finds you have one i have heaard they may not payout if your car gets flogged. Dunno how they can do this though....