SAU Community

Compliance Question

abu

Hi

Just a few quick questions for getting an R32 GTST complianced.

Can I use standard R33 GTST wheels instead of R32 GTST ones?

I have a standard air box on there, but can I have an intercooler if it does't cut through the chassis, or will I have to have the intercooler removed?

For suspension I have TEIN coilovers on the car, does it have to be stock suspension?

Car is basically stock, on stock wheels and will be stock height, stock exhaust, and stock air box.

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

Hi

Just a few quick questions for getting an R32 GTST complianced.

Can I use standard R33 GTST wheels instead of R32 GTST ones?

I have a standard air box on there, but can I have an intercooler if it does't cut through the chassis, or will I have to have the intercooler removed?

For suspension I have TEIN coilovers on the car, does it have to be stock suspension?

Car is basically stock, on stock wheels and will be stock height, stock exhaust, and stock air box.

Thanks,

Abu

compliance = STOCK everything teins will have to be replaced stock intercooler installed instead of front mount

rims if they are the same size stock then 33's will do

yes, you need stock wheels, stock suspension, stock intercooler. if in doubt talk to the workshop that is complying your car.

Thanks Richard.

compliance = STOCK everything teins will have to be replaced stock intercooler installed instead of front mount

rims if they are the same size stock then 33's will do

Thanks Gary.

Thought this may have been the case.

Well lucky the intercooler isn't on the car, just the TEIN's are the issue now.

Will speak to my compliance guy and see what he can do.

Edited by abu

they will generally charge you like $50 to change them over for the inspection... most places will usually have a stock set of wheels, exhaust and suspension for this reason.

Yep, the workshop is more than happy to supply stock parts, but I don't even want to knwo how much they will charge.

Just makes it easier/quicker as well as cheaper if I have the car stock when it goes in.

Edited by abu

they will generally charge you like $50 to change them over for the inspection... most places will usually have a stock set of wheels, exhaust and suspension for this reason.

I want to go to this workshop! if you know a place that can lend standard GTR exhaust, wheels with new tyres, standard suspension and can do the swap and swap back for $50 I'm totally there! there is at least 3-4 hours labour in all that, plus they need to get the parts from somewhere. most places I know charge their usual hourly rate (anything up to $100/hour) to do that work and you supply the parts, or pay them for parts they supply.

I want to go to this workshop! if you know a place that can lend standard GTR exhaust, wheels with new tyres, standard suspension and can do the swap and swap back for $50 I'm totally there! there is at least 3-4 hours labour in all that, plus they need to get the parts from somewhere. most places I know charge their usual hourly rate (anything up to $100/hour) to do that work and you supply the parts, or pay them for parts they supply.

I was waiting for someone to reply with that exact statement lol

i dont charge to demod a car :)

and yes u can use r33 GTs wheels on a 32 GTs/GTR as they are the same offset and size.... basically if the rim whether its a factory fitted rim or aftermarket rim as long as the rim size and offset are the same and t matches your tyre placard

Ive complied a few GTR with work emotion rims just had to get new tryes fitted to em

Edited by nuR.spec

• 2 weeks later...
i dont charge to demod a car :thumbsup:

and yes u can use r33 GTs wheels on a 32 GTs/GTR as they are the same offset and size.... basically if the rim whether its a factory fitted rim or aftermarket rim as long as the rim size and offset are the same and t matches your tyre placard

Ive complied a few GTR with work emotion rims just had to get new tryes fitted to em

Awesome thanks for that buddy.

I double checked with my compliance guy today, and he said after market suspension is fine as long as it sits at the factory height the car out at.

Will be adjusting the TEIN's before car goes in for compliance.

Anyone know what height R32's came out at standard? Will do a search, but thought I'd just ask in here since I was writing up a reply :woot:

Thanks,

Abu

Anyone know what height R32's came out at standard? Will do a search, but thought I'd just ask in here since I was writing up a reply :domokun:

Thanks,

Abu

On the motortraders.net site, they say it was 150mm ground clearance, but not sure how much it is from centre of wheel to guard.

On the motortraders.net site, they say it was 150mm ground clearance, but not sure how much it is from centre of wheel to guard.

I think its 360 from wheel to guard.. something similar to that.

I have it written down at home somewhere :whistling:

Thanks Adam.

No worries. I'll get you the stock height from centre of wheel to gaurd tonight off my car. It's still standard height :)

It's a GTS-4, but should be the same for GTS-T.

I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow morning.

• 5 weeks later...

Most compliance places only make the swap if they get audited by DOTARS, which is about 1 in 20 cars.... usually, they will just leave the mods on. Probably better to contact the compliance workshop and if they say they can do it for you, go with someone trustworthy.

If they do get audited, the workshop will be busted big time. AND, your car will be blacklisted and never able to be complied, it'll have to be destroyed or exported from Australia (within 30 days I believe).

We comply all our own skylines, so give us a call if you're in Melbourne.

cheers,

david

your car should not get exported or destroyed for aftermarket parts . It will only be cubed or exported if it has structural accident damage or corrosion affecting the structural integrity of vehicle

however technically the RAW is supposed to "dispose" of all non-conforming parts .

bottom line , the car has to be returned to stock bar a couple of exceptions (rims) . Suspension is out , totally out . Having just been over this with dotars , any suspension changed would affect braking tests which would mean the car would not meet the same results as the evidence being used for compliance.

Edited by 32vspecII

it will need to be exported / destroyed if the RAWS workshop gets AUDITED by DOTARS, AND is not able to produce your car (w/ stock parts) within 24 hours.

That is a compliance violation and results in automatic blacklist for the VIN, which is why you have to leave your car at most compliance places for 1-2 weeks, while the work only takes a short while to do.

your car should not get exported or destroyed for aftermarket parts . It will only be cubed or exported if it has structural accident damage or corrosion affecting the structural integrity of vehicle

however technically the RAW is supposed to "dispose" of all non-conforming parts .

bottom line , the car has to be returned to stock bar a couple of exceptions (rims) . Suspension is out , totally out . Having just been over this with dotars , any suspension changed would affect braking tests which would mean the car would not meet the same results as the evidence being used for compliance.

do you know of this actually happening ?

sorry to be a pain but obviously I am very interested if thats the case as squilions of raws cars get through with minor mods of this and that all the time . just read this forum .

all i can find in the raws guide is

Crash damaged or corroded vehicles where the structural integrity may be affected

must be re-exported or destroyed. It is expected that a RAW would take all

reasonable steps to avoid importing a crash damaged or corroded vehicle.

the only thing mentioned under non conforming parts is disposal

i cant be bothered going over the legislation as its 6am.......but i will check it later and see if i can find anything

Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear. Any kind of mod is fine, as long as the workshop has spare parts on hand and can swap them on in case DOTARS come in for an inspection. If a workshop finishes complying a vehicle and submits for approval, DOTARS has the power to check that vehicle (rarely happens, but does happen). If DOTARS audits AND the vehicle isn't stock, boom, blacklist.

This isn't a problem if it's a simple aftermarket Skyline exhaust or something, cause we (and almost every other Skyline compliance center) have those kinds of pieces. The problem starts when you get an Aristo that had a bunch of parts replaced in Japan or something, which means we have to have all those pieces. We have turned cars away from compliance for this before.

Basically, if you have doubts whether or not your specific car is compliable, ask a shop first, then if they say yes, feel free to take it to a dodgy backyarder in the countryside to save a couple hundred bucks. Or, save yourself the hassle of hidden charges, expensive added parts, etc. and just get it done at a reputable place for starters.....

do you know of this actually happening ?

sorry to be a pain but obviously I am very interested if thats the case as squilions of raws cars get through with minor mods of this and that all the time . just read this forum .

all i can find in the raws guide is

Crash damaged or corroded vehicles where the structural integrity may be affected

must be re-exported or destroyed. It is expected that a RAW would take all

reasonable steps to avoid importing a crash damaged or corroded vehicle.

the only thing mentioned under non conforming parts is disposal

i cant be bothered going over the legislation as its 6am.......but i will check it later and see if i can find anything