SAU Community

What Tyres To Purchase

johnr

Hmm, been skimming through posts here and I have hopefully narrowed it down to a manageable 4 to choose from (based on quietness and wear):

Falken 912

Sumitomo HTR Z III

Hankook K107

Kuhmo KU31

Time to get prices I reckon!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Nexen N6000 on mine. Brand new came with the car when I bought it from the dealer. They are not bad for what they cost. Slightly more road noise at high speed and rough surfaces compared to expensive stuff like the Bridgestones. Grip is good and they are comfortable. Can't say much about the wear as I have got them for 2 months.

Just a heads-up on purchasing all, I just got my rear set of Hankook K110s from www.tirerack.com and they cost me $311 shipped for 285/30/19. The cheapest quote I got for the same tyre was $430 locally. Shipping cost for four tyres to Melbourne (25km-metro) was around $250 USD.

Also it seems the Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline in America is called the Bridgestone RE760 Sport and they're really cheap compared to local prices. If you can afford to spend a wee bit more, the Yoko AD08s are awesome value.

The only catch is some credit cards that are not on the "Verified by VISA" program will not be approved and you'll have to make a USD wire transfer, which can usually be done for a small fee by your bank.

Delivery was done by fed-ex and they arrived within a week of payment. I will definitely be buying all my tyres from these guys from now on (except my Advan A050s seeing they don't have them).

Also it seems the Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline in America is called the Bridgestone RE760 Sport and they're really cheap compared to local prices.

That's because the RE760s aren't the same as RE001s. The tread pattern is the same, but the tyre compound isn't.

The RE760s have a treadwear of 340, whereas the RE001s treadwear at 220.

Hi Guys,

i bout some new ku31's for $200 each from Option1 garage (225/40 R19 and 245/40 R19)

7 Remora St Hamilton QLD 4009 Phone: +61 7 3268 1113 Fax: +61 7 3268 2028

then just email/call and discuss price, i got them delivered to the comliance shop and even they couldnt get them at that price so they were a little shocked. I bought them about 2 months ago and cant complain, even in today wet weather the car hasn't slipped out on me as yet but a little bit noisy but its not annoying, any tyre will produce noise.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

ahhh time to buy tyres again.

Just bought 295/30/19 Pirelli P-Zero. $900 each :P lucky its only for the rear so i only needed 2, the fronts got a bit more left on em but i need to replace soon.

The negative 2.5 degrees camber has been eating away at my tyres, the price u pay for the look :P

Shit thing is i cant swap / rotate the 295's, but the 265/30/19 on the front i can swap them from each rim.

Edited by BLISTC

Yeah, the v35 sucks with the largish camber. Can't really square them up without getting aftermarkets. I'm running -2 on the rears.

For some reason, one side could go to -0.5 and the other side couldnt get under -2 :S

Previous owner(s) must've hit the kerb pretty hard or something?

My car comes with i think the stock Bridgestone Potenza. Anyone know how good they are compared to those tyres mentioned here? Thanks!

Think there are quite a few potenzas? What model. Think it reads RE002 or something?

All I know is that the Potenza is a fairly expensive tyre!

• 1 month later...

Running on faulken f452's ATM, not bad but it is uneven tyre wear that will make any tire make noise. I am running on 350Z nismo suspension at the moment and the camber is doing a good job of eating the inside of the tyres.

The rims I got originally came with Bridgestone S02's & T02's, the T's are a run flat, which was disappointing when I had a blow out, hence the change, but the bridgestones were better grip wise.

I have had moments with the current tyres in the wet when you can feel that the ABS is going to start, and yet on the old Bridestones you could almost put your foot to the firewall and you just stop, without that felling that the ABS is about to jump in.