SAU Community

What's This Thing?

jimnastic

Hi everyone,

Just last week I bought my first car, a 94 R33 GTS-4, but the guy sold it to me without a head unit in it. So I went and bought a new one and when I was putting it in, I noticed this little green box thats in the picture. Can anyone tell me what it is and what it does? I managed to wire everything up and it's all working perfectly, but I just found it strange that this thing is sitting there doing nothing. I don't know a thing about car stereos, so I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question

post-42233-1190777005_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your anwsers so far! I just thought i'd mention that the cord for the aerial comes out from behind the glove box and then splits into 2. 1 end goes into the back of my head unit and the other half goes into this box. So I assume that it is actually doing nothing at all because it isn't really connected to anything. Does that make sense?

Is it powered via that red cable? I guess the other option is an antenna BOOSTER, rather than a range expander.

Someone may have run a TV screen kinda HU seperately and needed better tv reception.

My reception (radio) is pretty aweful most of the time. =-[