SAU Community

Rb26/30 In A Gemini Or Corolla

jippa3000

Hey all I was wondering how hard it would be to put an RB26/30 in a Gemini, Corolla or something along those lines. I just want something thats different I dont really care what car it goes into aslong as its small and it makes people go "What the F***".

I also don't mind what engine it is as long as it's an RB none of the SR20 or CA18 rubbish.

So any help as to what car and engine would be a good set up, is much appreciated.

Cheers

James

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One question.. are you insane? :thumbsup:

Never heard of anyone doing it, nor being legally allowed to register anything like that.

They go like the hammers of hell with a moderately worked CA never mind a RB26/30!

Good luck getting a RB26 engineered here in Vic to drive on the street.

VASS engineers simply arent signing off on those types of conversions easily anymore due to the high risk, and low safety.

It'll cost you a small fortune to get the car upto standard as they will go over it with a fine tooth comb. Every single aspect down to the type of gearbox mount you use.

Mainly because there are so many shit-bucket conversions these days on the cheap, and their license isnt worth loosing.

If you wish to drive on the road, i'd be talking to the engineers first before going any further

This typically is the kind of question that if you need to ask on a forum about how or if it can be done, youre just dreaming about doing it.

Sorry mate, don't think its realistic unless you have stupid amounts of money to burn and a capable workshop doing the labour.

anything is possible... hell no one thought MR MAD torana was the real deal with a massive cube motor with twin gt42rs turbos.... like mentioned, with money and a workshop anything is possible

Edited by 2BNVS

haha good to see the quick replys,

Yes I am insane and so are my mates, we just put a 454 Big block in a gemi (will be at SummerNats) so now I want to do something stupid.

Engineering is overated, all you do is buy a car keep it registered then do all your work to it with out telling anyone, we have had commodore V6's in a Mazda 626 and a Gemini with out anyone knowing.

I don't really care how long it takes just as long as it's totally different to anything someone has seen.

Edited by jippa3000

dont think you will get a RB26 in a gem, I have seen geminis with FJ20's, SR20's, CA18's, 13B but no RB's at all. If you need info on fitting an engine into a gemini check out the ozgemini forums but make sure you search before asking because they can be pricks over there. I use to own a gemini (still own a TX Coupe project car) so I have spent some time there. I would much rather see you put a RB26 in a 260z, Sexy car with a sexy engine :thumbsup:

Edited by Triptych

Sir Rb, one of mate had a V6 in a KE rolla so its possible.

swanny180 if you dont have any useful words please dont add a reply, thanks.

anythings possible mate....with $$ and time ANYTHING can be done.

if you can do it, do it ! be different, it'l be good to see thats for sure....

No worries Sir RB, thats why I wanted to know, it was a bit of an in the moment thing because I have a full RB30 and a RB26 head sitting there and now my car is going into get rebuilt I need something to do in the mean time. Anyway thanks for the feed back.

Engineering is over rated...

Its muppets like you who go about illegal and unsafe engine conversions that are destroying it for people like me who do it all legit.

Let alone driving cars that are beyond dangerous because you dont understand whats involved.

Engineering is over rated...

Its muppets like you who go about illegal and unsafe engine conversions that are destroying it for people like me who do it all legit.

Let alone driving cars that are beyond dangerous because you dont understand whats involved.

Says Ash, the director of a well known engine conversion and engineering firm... :)

Sir Rb, one of mate had a V6 in a KE rolla so its possible.

swanny180 if you dont have any useful words please dont add a reply, thanks.

Sorry mate but looks like you've misinterpreted something if you think what I said wasn't useful :)

Youre the one who came here and asked 'how hard it would be to put an RB26/30 in a Gemini, Corolla or something along those lines'.

And I answered you by saying that through having to ask that question, you already sound like youre out of your depth in terms of difficulty.

Im happy for you to go ahead and burn up some money on a gemini and prove me wrong, but until then my useful words which answered your question still stand champ

:(

Hey come on ppl, this was ment to be just a simple question but ppl on here take it way to far and get all up set over a bit of fun.

Some of you guys think these forums are the be all and end all, take a chill pill boys and girls, cars are ment to be fun so don't be so pretentious.

So if you don't have any valid input on the discussion at hand, please don't add a reply.

This is just an event/burnout car so it doesn't need to be engineered Nismoid.

swanny180, sorry to jump the gun mate I know a lot idiots jump on here and ask outrageous questions but I can assure you im not one of those dreamers. I have never played with RB engines and nether have my mates so we were just asking if anyone has don't thissort of thing before. Cheers

a mate of mine has put a 26/30 into a datsun 1200 ute....its tubbed with a powerglide and is gonna see NOS...didnt cost as much as you would think. He did all the fabrication himself.

DiRTgarage did he cut through the firewall to put it in cos the 1200's have a tiny engine bay?