SAU Community

Gts Or Gts4

ginger

Hi Guys and girls.

Im looking at spending about 15k on a skyline, but it has to be non turbo as im a p plater. Just wondering who has one and what did you choose, gts or gts-4. And also the best place to pick one up, either private sale or dealer, or any of your mates that want to sell.

Thanks

GTS ftw mate.

Unless you plan on going to the snow every year, the GTS4 would be the choice.

15k would be overkill - but good to see you have got $$ saved - r32 and r33 gts models can get quite cheaply, 7k to 10k is a "general"range

yeah go the GTS, it'll be cheaper and for that amount you should be able to pickup a 4-door non turbo R34

The R33 GTS4, which I guess you are looking at, is very very heavy and slow, the R32 only have a 4wd turbo GTS4, otherwise if you were lucky you could find the 2.6L Autech skyline, GT-B i think it was called, 4wd rb26de, quite quick apparently, but you won't get one for cheap :S and it'll be too hard to find, i don't know of anyone with one in Australia or New Zealand :S

So either R33 GTS or R34, depending on budget and if you want 2-door coupe ro 4-door sedan

I wonder if you could get a non turbo R34 for $15k?

thats wat i was thinking

personally i'd never spend that much on a non turbo skyline unless maybe an r34 if you have to get a non turbo

i remember seeing a fresh import r34 n/a manual clean good Ks going for 16,000 on another forum and this was a while back.

don't bother with the R33s dude they are gutless, gts or gts4 same shit. good cruisers though...

Im on my p's, so there isn't alot i can get away with.

Still cant find a decent r33 or r34 for under 15. come on guys, i have cash to spend. throw me a car and ill probly go done :blink:

Thanks guys

Dave

You haven't specified if you prefer one particular model of Skyline, but if you like R32s you might also want to keep an eye out for the GTS25, which is a non-turbo RB25DE. It has the advantage of a bit more torque than the RB20DE in the R32 GTS, and is still P-plate friendly.

Otherwise, if you're happy to spend the whole 15K on just the car, and wait a while to save up for other mods, then I'd personally go the R34 GT.

Im on my p's, so there isn't alot i can get away with.

Still cant find a decent r33 or r34 for under 15. come on guys, i have cash to spend. throw me a car and ill probly go done ;)

Thanks guys

Dave

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t186452.html

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t1...html&hl=r34

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t1...html&hl=r34