SAU Community

Mods Legal For P Platers

Hey guys,

Im buying a gts r33 very soon, and looking to see what mods i can do, and the best place to go to get them done, i live in the shire. dont mind a bit of a travel, but just want some one who knows what there up to.

Thanks guys.

p.s any one wanting to sell there gts r33 or r34, must be manual and i have 15k saved so hit me up, and must be p plate legal :whoops:

i might be wrong, but depending on when you got your p's, i'm pretty sure you can't do any performance modifications if your on your provisional license. have you checked the rta website for your state??

Edited by into oblivion

pod filters are illegal anyway unless in a sealed box with external feed. im not sure what you can do, my car had a pod filter but i got rid of it, i have stainless steel extractors and cat back. thats it and i dont get hastled for them. if you get a car i got a 2.5inch cat back for sale i had it on my car it made bit more power but to loud lol. im not far from shire either.

its good to see your looking to join the skyline family lol, what colour where u looking at

Yeaha the new laws are pretty restrictive accross all states. GL with modding! :)

btw, please don't do a dodgey spray job on a liner!!

kind regards, hame :D

Hey guys,

I might just have to make it sound good and look good, thats so lame. hahaha.

Thanks for your help guys, also pm me if you find a car or your mates want to sell theres,

Cheers

Hey guys,

I might just have to make it sound good and look good, thats so lame. hahaha.

Thanks for your help guys, also pm me if you find a car or your mates want to sell theres,

Cheers

if you have to leave it completely stock, do that, make it so the engine bay looks 100% factory (no aftermarket bling bits at all, dont even clean dust off it)..

then, give it a high flow panel filter, stock turbo exhaust (or somthing stock looking+sounding, no cannon etc) & highflow cat and do internal modifications :bunny: none the wiser...

Edited by SKiT_R31

And focus on saving weight/becoming a better driver/suspention/supporting mods more so than outright power..

Its much easier to learn on an underpowered car how to become a good driver than a powerful one..

besides.. you will probably put a few dents and scratches on ur first car too..

suspension is always a good place to start...

that said, it depends what you want to do with the car?

Mainly just to cruise around in, and once im a half decent driver ill do a few track days then get into it, and suspension that you guys recommend or have been using??

Any help is great.

Thanks guys

Get a run around car then upgrade after 2 years.

I don't see why all the 'turbo owners' are saying to get a run around car for 2 years then 'upgrade', like owning an NA is some kind of taboo.

Get real, a car is a car... and a non turbo skyline is that. Despite its age, it will out perform any 'run around car' and provide a solid foundation for any type of motorsport the owner chooses to do. Not to mention it's a fundamental stepping stone in providing the skills and know-how in what everyone calls 'upgrading'.

Extreme case senario; hold off on buying the 'oh so wonderful GTR' and just get a run around car, then upgrade in 50 years into your pagani zonda.

I may seem bitter, but I'm not. I can afford owning a gtst/gtr - i just choose not to. The R33 GTS does everything I require of it. If anything I've probably seen more track time than many 300HP gtst owners.

I don't see why all the 'turbo owners' are saying to get a run around car for 2 years then 'upgrade', like owning an NA is some kind of taboo.

Get real, a car is a car... and a non turbo skyline is that. Despite its age, it will out perform any 'run around car' and provide a solid foundation for any type of motorsport the owner chooses to do. Not to mention it's a fundamental stepping stone in providing the skills and know-how in what everyone calls 'upgrading'.

Extreme case senario; hold off on buying the 'oh so wonderful GTR' and just get a run around car, then upgrade in 50 years into your pagani zonda.

I may seem bitter, but I'm not. I can afford owning a gtst/gtr - i just choose not to.

Obviously you don't know NSW rules.

There is no point in buying such a performance car when you are such a young driver. Learn how to drive first. Petrol is expensive so is rego, insurance and greenslips. I know a quite a few NA's that will beat turbo cars on the track.

I guess in the end if you're going to do something stupid in the car, no matter what car it is you can still end up killing yourself either way.

and once im a half decent driver ill do a few track days then get into it

As a suggestion, why not do a few track days to become a half decent driver? Learn how to park and commute on the street, but if you want to learn how to drive a sports car the way it was intended, do it in a controlled environment.

Wakefield Park runs open days regularly and, during the week, it can be almost deserted (which may be a concern if you want to learn and don't want to get monstered). Its far and it costs some money to do, but you'll find it a far more rewarding experience than tearing through the Nasho trying to avoid tourists in camper vans, cyclists, learner drivers, small animals, and the cops.

RED P platers cant do any Performance mods, so anything that makes the car faster, i.e exhaust. pod etc... So mke the exhaust look stock! use the stock air box, get a chip/piggyback/powerfc.

P platers this does not apply to.

Edited by DECIM8

Meh I've got extractors, pod in a box, exhaust etc.. Never had any trouble from cops.

Been defected once in 2 years for the pod even though it was enclosed.. Mechanic laughed and fixed it up for $40.

And the only reason I got defected was because I stupidly went to lapa at midnight on a Friday lol..