SAU Community

Supersprint In Bathurst

gun32gtr

hey all,

seen as tho last years supersprint was unreal to watch i reckon ill be giving it a run this year.

anyone else no if there doing it???i think its indecember sometime and would be good to get a heap of sau guys and girls racing.....

thats great fellas im really looking forward to meeting some new people and ill prob need a few pointers as even tho live there i wont no thebest lines etc.and i wont have driven my gtr for close to 18months b4 racing.

im organising my cams licence very soon as i dont want to miss out

thats great fellas im really looking forward to meeting some new people and ill prob need a few pointers as even tho live there i wont no thebest lines etc.and i wont have driven my gtr for close to 18months b4 racing.

the best lines down Conrod - watch this weekend's race :D

18months? dam thats a long time!

I'm making the trip down from Brisbane again for this year's Speed Weekend. Its always the first weekend of December. It will the Mountain Straight Hillclimb on Sunday, which is just awesome! Far better than the Esses Hillclimb. I ran in 2003 in my 2000cc IPRA Datsun 1200 coupe, 2005 in my R32 GTR where I managed to get 3rd outright on the Mountain Straight Hillclimb, and this year will be in my CA18DET Datsun 1200 coupe - IPRA spec minus the turbo restictor... with 230rwkw's and somewhere around 950kg's it should be interesting to see how it goes against some GTR's!

no, I sold the GTR. I'll be bringing my CA18DET Datsun 1200 coupe race car this time. But I still love GTR's and will definitely come and say hi and check out your GTRs

ok i got ya mate...yeh for sure it will be first time so i wont be setting and real quick runs lol.im just going up for the fun if it...

no, I sold the GTR. I'll be bringing my CA18DET Datsun 1200 coupe race car this time. But I still love GTR's and will definitely come and say hi and check out your GTRs

I look forward to seing the old 1200 going again ( Should be gunning for outright depending on what sports sedans enter) I also cant wait to see how the GTR goes in comparison. This would have to be my favorite event for the year all I need is around another 100 odd kw at the treads to try and keep up LOL.

Cheers Andrew

welcome aboard Andy!

btw do you reckon this 4.375 diff be OK for the Supersprint, or should I be looking at getting that other 4.1 in the car? I picked up a front spoiler a couple of weeks ago too - should help front end grip a little into the chase...

welcome aboard Andy!

btw do you reckon this 4.375 diff be OK for the Supersprint, or should I be looking at getting that other 4.1 in the car? I picked up a front spoiler a couple of weeks ago too - should help front end grip a little into the chase...

Thanks mate.

The 4.3 should be fine will be pulling close to 7500in 5th. I run with the 4.6 in it a few years back and had to raise rev limit to 8000 was hitting 7800 just before the kink and again just before the chase was making less power but still pulling close to 230km/h. I cant remember 100 % if I ever run with the 4.11 at supersprint. I had run at oran park, wakefield and local drags. The day I raced against your GTR and lunched the clutch I was using the 4.375

I cant remember what we set the rev limit to with the new engine I think from memory around 8000 I can change it on the day if you like.lll Bring the laptop along.Just remember to bring the cable.

Cheers Andrew

Edited by andyR32-GTR

whats the cost for such an event at bathurst?

So if your not a member of a car club with cams, you cant enter just for the day/event?

its $60 to join nsw sau and i think not 100% sure its like $150 for cams then $100+ plus for the racing..

• 1 month later...

I had a freakin awesome time again!!!

Unfort had some bad luck with my wheels - stripped a nut and couldnt get the semi's on so was on my dodgy street tyres all weekend.

the sprint - first run I equaled my PB from last year, and my 3rd run got a 55!!

the hillclimb was just....amazing! my first run I was sooo scared. I dont think Ive been that scared behind the wheel for awhile!!

still, last run cracked the sub 60's!!

got a 59.65!

Great weekend, and can't wait for next years WITH semi's!!!!!! :(

that mountain straight hillclimb sure is an adrenaline rush. I remember in 2005 trying to pick what line I'd run through those fast blind corners over the top in the rearview mirror while being marshalled down the hill to the start line... hehe then its a leap of faith on the way back up!

well done on the PB Chris - you smashed last years time!