SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

just went past what looked like an acident at the Britania round about... (the big one at the bottom of kensington road) atleast 2 cop cars with lights going and a fire truck... Their was a blacj r33 and a crv their... codulnt see what had happened or who had damage ect.. but hope it was no one from here and if it was he or she is ok :sick:

does anyone know what that idle valve is officially called that sits under the plenum and where to get one other than genuine Nissan?

I think mine might be stuff because it idles too high

AAC Valve, Pete :sick:

I've cleaned many of them on 25's include mine and Steve's and that fixed our idle problems. Never done one on a 26 (as they are a prick to get to) but I'm willing to give it a go if you want?

Edited by heslo

does anyone know what that idle valve is officially called that sits under the plenum and where to get one other than genuine Nissan?

vaccum leak on the plenum somewhere?

AAC Valve, Pete :sick:

I've cleaned many of them on 25's include mine and Steve's and that fixed our idle problems. Never done one on a 26 (as they are a prick to get to) but I'm willing to give it a go if you want?

heck yeah Luke, you name the place & time..........I didn't think they could be cleaned

vaccum leak on the plenum somewhere?

I hope not Ryan, haven't had a chance to give it a spray to check for leaks......either way, I reckon the plenum would have to come off to check the valve.

Where can I get some metal intake & throttle body gaskets cheap?

Would have to be a Sunday as I work Saturday's... probably won't be this weekend or next as I'm helping the missus and her sister move to Kersbrook but after that should be fine :sick: Keep in touch via PM or SMS (0431596795) and I'm sure we can sort out something!

had my first when i was 17 TOUGHEN UP :blink:

You'd need to get a sparco baby seat :ermm:

+1. mind you i am only 20.

Good Luck Amanda, i will start thinking and looking in the shed for any thing i can give/sell you cheaply

haha i was wondering what you would say

yeap guess so lol

i'm not exactly ready for it believe me but yeah, it could be fun and stuff, i'll find out eventually.

i have my 1st appointment at the Lyell McEwin Hospital on Friday, they put me in early coz of the situation

LOL my mum already bought a freakin jumpsuit thingo for it, i wasn't to happy about it but not much i could

do to stop her. my brother said he's gonna buy it Ford shoes or slippers

thankies Tangles :D

glad you want to keep it theres already enough innocent blood split in this country, single parents pension ftw (not that i condone bludging but i know your circumstances and you need to survive somehow)

nope he's being an ass and trying to convince me to kill it

when he 1st found out he was alright but then he said he wants nothing to do with it or me

but that's alright i don't really care. his parents are still gonna be involved though which

i'm ok with coz i don't see why they should miss out just coz he is

yeah does look the goods cant quiet tell if it has brembos >>GTR Link<<

Check out this mint 32 GTR

[email=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1994-Nissan-Skyline-R32-GTR-White-5-Speed-M-Coupe_W0QQitemZ120284857195QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ

iewItem]6000km R32 GTR[/email]

EDIT* ^^^ stupid link

may have been garaged somewhere all its life or ex show car in nissan museum

Wow only 6000k's! That's only 420 odd kilometers a year! Looks very nice though!

Grab some carby clean. They almost always gum up and cause idling issues.

If its idling too high there's another valve that may be the cause. IAC valve. The spring can dislodge and cause a constant 1000-1500rpm high idle.

AAC usually results in idle hunt/stall.

IAC is always too high.

Yeah mine idles way too high. I'm guessing the AAC valve is the accessible the one near the fuel filter which can be cleaned whereas the IAC is probably the "cold air by-pass solenoid" which is against the sandwich plate under the centre throttle body which requires a plenum removal and which can't be cleaned (approx $220 new).

Also Cubes, have you got the full specs on your Tighe cams ie. IN & EX opening & closing times etc......I might look into them myself.