SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

im being told fully bored out rb25 rehousing with hi flowed internal will make close to 300rwkw..

anyone else think this could happen? i didnt think the 25 turbo is big enough even after being bored out

yes this is true Bill at ATS does a 3076 high flow job to the RB25 he claims on bp98 he's had them upto 270rwkw and on E85 over 300

Have you thought E85 ryan?

i swear it was you i spotted on grand junction rd yesterday morning!!! (cept the car was clean)

you must have a twin!

Edited by craig R33

alot of people see those figures and think woooow! he claims he can get 300 out of this turbo wow....that's on 28psi and a f*kn shoe string tune just to get the numbers up there....by all means get an undersized, push the envolope turbo if you will....I'm awaiting some thread titles like...'why is my rb25 missfiring' 'someone help me with my rb25' and my favourite 'best place to get a rebuild'. Choose wisely the first time if your concerned about reliability.

No craig, i havne't driven my car in a week. hehe

Edited by Ryanrb25

I'm not having a go chris, im just having an opinion on something...I've had those turbo's and seen this shit man, on other peoples car's aswell....just giving you some info not from 'what ive read or just been told'. Not gonna lead anyone in the wrong direction.

Edited by Ryanrb25

yes this is true Bill at ATS does a 3076 high flow job to the RB25 he claims on bp98 he's had them upto 270rwkw and on E85 over 300

steve are you talking about a gt30 with a machined out rb25 exhaust housing???

if you are they are f**kEN CRAP and waste of time !!!!!!!!...they defiently will only push 270rwkw

a workshop put this on my car and then blew the motor not long after on the dyno

Anyone know what a reasonable ballpark figure I'd be looking at to get two stockie 32 gtr turbos converted to steel exhaust turbines...?

I can buy some blown turbos but last quote I got for a rebuild (from an anonymous source) wanted $1250 per turbo.... for that price I can possibly get a pair of proper N1's....

MTQ and ATS get mentioned a bit, I haven't called them (usually because whenever I'm thinking about turbos its night time and theyre closed)... have any of ya'll had this done? How much did it cost you?

-D

Edited by Dohmar

It may well be possible to flow it through it...just maybe, but it would be very unsafe.

I asked my partner and he is a mechanic and said exactly what you said :D

Best you would get out of it would be 260/270kws and the boost would be up there.

R33 Chris why are you thinking that option for turbo?