SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

hey guys, can anyone tell me if the R33 GTST S1 and S2 ecu's are interchangable?

i've tried searching but have found mixed answers.

i know there are ignition differences to take into account - ie S2's do not use the ignitor mounted on top of the motor + different coilpacks etc. But will this matter if say i threw a S2 ECU in my S1?

any help is appreciated!

i would say it doest matter here is why

it doesnt matter where the spark is located its the timing that need to be the same

if it really matters that much to you i have a S1 ecu

hahaha i was about to say Cara its just sitting there

twin turbo there Son :(

>_<

i hope mine wont have to sit that high?

is there any reason why it is?

>_<

i hope mine wont have to sit that high?

is there any reason why it is?

well it might have to sit that high because in that pic it's already sruggling to get any lower!

but i don't see why a s1 and s2 ecu is different! as long as they have the same plug/loom and the mapping should be the same!

i would say it doest matter here is why

it doesnt matter where the spark is located its the timing that need to be the same

if it really matters that much to you i have a S1 ecu

thankyou

edit - yeah I will ask him, cheers steve.

theres nothing wrong with my s1 ecu, i've just got my eyes on an aftermarket ecu suited to s2.

oh also could ring Shaun from boostworx he should be able to shed some light on the matter

EDIT

hahaha i thought i posted it but wasnt sure so posted again

Haha, don't tell me you were the dude in the black 33? I was in the silver V35 just leaving his place :(

LOL! Yeah that was me, sorry for parking where I did and making it hard for you to get out of there.

@ Steve - I don't think it's that expensive at all. I've seen the quality now and frankly I'd say it's actually a bargain for that quality in SS. >_<

well i sold my work rims a while back! the black ones with the red lip and i've got a new set. buddyclubs with the same sort of look, black with the red lip because i really wasn't too happy with other looks so i went back to what i was happy with

black-red-sf.jpg

LOL! Yeah that was me, sorry for parking where I did and making it hard for you to get out of there.

@ Steve - I don't think it's that expensive at all. I've seen the quality now and frankly I'd say it's actually a bargain for that quality in SS. :closedeyes:

:laugh: Not a worry mate, small world eh?

Andrews stuff is indeed quality, you WON'T be disappointed! What did you get made up?