SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Im with ruby, I would try to avoid her if i could but id knock someone down before risking my safety or property. I've scared the crap of of a few people in the city buy braking at the last minute and almost clipping there legs, some people look and see you coming but just walk anyway and expect you to slow down for them. :P

Dave, u will most likely need to get your guards rolled abit to fit the KU36. I use to run a Sumitomo 235/40/18 on a 10" with no problems, put the KU36 on and major rubbing. good luck tho

Dave, u will most likely need to get your guards rolled abit to fit the KU36. I use to run a Sumitomo 235/40/18 on a 10" with no problems, put the KU36 on and major rubbing. good luck tho

yeah, probably. got a cubic f**kton of room under the front guards though, so ill see how i go. rears are getting rolled however. even with the 215 KU25's im thinking they'll be getting rather intimate.

Sooooo, if anyone knows anyone who might be interested in buying my R34, please let me know. Taking quiet "eoi"s at this stage, as I don't really want to sell it, but have my eye on something different .... mine makes 230rwkw and I just added up a shopping list of mods I have done to it and it totals around $12k of extras. I am hoping for around $25k.

Drop past JIS and have a talk to Paul, he said last week he wouldn't mind a 34 sedan when he sells the 180.

Fantastic, real hero! Ok she might have been in the wrong, and yeah, I would have gone off at her too, but c'mon man, there's no need to advertise you'd rather chose to hit someone than scratch your bike. Sure as shit if I were in my car and someone jumped in front of me I'd swerve instead of hitting/pushing them out the way. Sorry if I've misread what you posted, that just really irked me

Yes ... you've misread what I posted. Don't compare apples to oranges. A car is not a bike.

In case you didn't know, the front brake lever is on the right hand side handle bar. I would have hit her anyway, I couldn't avoid her. And in that sense, hitting her with the brake lever forces the bike to low side. And I've seen what happens there. Ever ridden a bike? Even at 50kph that low side on a 190kg bike will break bones. She's going to get hit anyway ... I'm ensuring my own safety. I broke my shoulder last year in a 50kph low side. So I know first hand what can happen. Do you?

Get the facts right. I'm not advertising I'd rather hit a pedestrian. Because I DO NOT prefer that outcome. Don't put words in my mouth. But I'm the rider, have been so for 20 years, and I use my judgement ... not what members of a forum believe I should do. She stepped out in front of me, all this occurred in less than 1 second @ 50kph. My instincts told me to stick out my elbow. In any case, she fell on her ass ... got a scare, that was it! No one broke bones, including me .. so I'm happy with the outcome, even if you are not.

For the record, a very close friend was killed on her bike by a non-attentive (drunk) pedestrian. People complain motorcycles are dangerous because they're exposed to things a driver is not. That argument serves most people well when they want to complain about motorcyclists, but when that "danger" includes a pedestrian, its a new set of rules?

Im with ruby, I would try to avoid her if i could but id knock someone down before risking my safety or property. I've scared the crap of of a few people in the city buy braking at the last minute and almost clipping there legs, some people look and see you coming but just walk anyway and expect you to slow down for them. :(

There was no avoiding. My safety comes first. Pedestrians in the city are plain dumb. Its bad enough in a car ... its worse on a bike.

I'm going to play Carmageddon now :D