SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Depends on if its seized or cross threaded.

True. I've always snapped bolts over-tightening, never getting the farker out. If it's cross threaded or seized in there then it's a drill and tap job..... easy enough to do if you have the correct size drill bit and tap :blush:

Best bet is to get a set of Ezy-Outs, not much they wont budge. Just dont bloody snap one in a bolt!

Well its one of the coilpack bolts, the very front one (closest to bonnet). The 34 doesn't have a removable cradle like the 32 and 33 do, which would make for an easy removal. Captain thread is like the only professional removal service, and hes $99 for my suburb.

Just pay the $99

your gonna be shittin thru the eye of a needle tommorrow mate.

naw i got guts of steel brew, matter of fact this one was pretty mild but the beer is good

-D

naw i got guts of steel brew, matter of fact this one was pretty mild but the beer is good

-D

yo, is there any place u can get fresh cinnamon donuts at midnight?

failing that a jam berlinner

i has a pregnant woman here craving, and then theres me

haha

-D

i rang the hotline and asked were my STI was?they said i might have one and not know it.i just hope its a 98 model 2door cause the rest are gay

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• There isn't that many cars yet that are using electric coolant pumps, but they are slowly becoming more common, especially in the euro brands.  back in 2009, they were quite rare, pretty much all were either timing chain or accessory belt driven. That said, the VQ37VHR isn't an uncommon engine, so any decent mechanic should be able to replace the water pump.  I don't live in NSW, so can't make any suggestions.
    • I do not think that the return pipe could be the cause of your particular troubles, unless perchance it is leaking in a lot of unfiltered and unmetered air (assuming your ECU is still using AFMs). And then it could be very bad, but it shouldn't prevent you making boost. Blow then engine up from running lean? Sure. But it would make boost. You really needed to disconnect this thing from the turbo inlets and close those inlet ports off a year ago, and you should do it now.
    • Pressure Ratio = 2. ie, 1 bar of boost (assuming 1 bat absolute pressure at the compressor inlet). This is relevant because compressor maps do not have "boost" up the y-axis. They have pressure ratio.
    • Revisiting this thread again x2... 1 year later. This car has been an ongoing project between life. But, I never removed the re-circ pipe. I know, shame on me. But since then, i took it to get tuned and only making about 280hp (lame) and i'm chasing a boost issue where the car wont boost past 7-8psi. Mac valve installed. Haltech Platinum pro with the map sensor.  This is the first time i've tackled the turbo side of things, but i have that side somewhat taken apart to chase the waste gate vacuum lines. And noticed this stupid pipe again. I'm peicing together the puzzle and @GTSBoy mentioned that it was a big vaccuum chamber and said a bunch of car math stuff that I couldn't quite follow the car math (im trying). You guys think this would be the culprit? between rotting vacuum hoses?  i'm making a DIY boost leak tester this weekend.