SAU Community

Silvia In Rocky Bites The Dust.

Ska

Pictures taken from a persons front yard, Dean st 9 October 2007 -A guy driving a Nissan Silvia, just after dropping his mum and sister off down the road, hit a tree, split in half, the front of the car landed in the middle of the road, the back end landed in the front yard of the house across the road. He was still strapped in in the part of the car that landed in the yard. - The battery from the car flew all the way up to the Kerrigan St roundabout, (about 50mtrs up the road)

Would you believe, he got out of this with a mark on his arm (possible fracture) and a bump on the head!

But here's the kicker, The car wasn't his... it was his roommates, and it wasn't insured!

This guy better be thanking his guardian angel, cuz he was sure looked after today!!!

1st pic, the front of the car

2nd pic, where the back end of the car ended up

3rd pic, on the tilt tray

4th pic, the tree he hit

plus other close up pics

DSCF2953.JPG

DSCF2956.JPG

DSCF2957.JPG

DSCF2960.JPG

DSCF2962.JPG

DSCF2966.JPG

DSCF2969.JPG

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt take them, just got them in an email, thought I'd share.

People are their own worst enemy, plain and simple. I remember an incident that could've easily ended up like that if I had been 1mtr to the left or right of a couple of poles sticking out of a traffic island. I was lucky to walk away from it, and so was this guy. Lets hope he learns from it.

Cars was probablly two cars to begin with... Hence the easy split, its too clean...

isn't that how they make silvia's?

Silvia - 180 - Sil80 - Onevia

they're just pieced together like mechano arent they?

wow the way that cars split, lookin at those pics, i'd be thinking it was cut n shut before. doesn't look like it was a huge hit, yet the car's in two.

thats what I am thinking the break is far too straight to not have been welded there before!

yeah the panels are bolted on and off....not cut trough the chassis and welded back together!

First thought that crossed my mind as well was that this car had a front end done before....otherwise the impact would have rippled through the whole body....instead of a beautifull split....

i wouldnt be so sure it has been cut and shut before, i mean u have a very large % of the weight at the front and if u hit it in the right spot i wouldnt be suprised to see it look like that.

Ive seen pics of an enzo (diff ball game entirely i know) but it was split cleanly in half and i doubt it was cut and shut :w00t:

anyways f*k that, atleast no one is dead tho

fraken hell.

how can you even get a siliva up to those kinds of speeds1!!!

lol.. the SR20 is a better motor than the RB20 how does a R32 get up to them speeds bah...

lol.. no the panels are switched over.. acutally to chance a sil to a onvia u only need philips head solder tin snips 10mm spanner and sockets.. takes around 2 hours to do.. same thing to do the sil80.. :w00t: