SAU Community

Stress

DiNoBoNeS

Yesterday i was going down reid hwy and hit a prob when the engine light came on. when i stoped it was idling strange i stop the motor and poped the hood nothing seem to look out of place. once i started the car again it was all back to how it sounds every day ...

should i get some one to have a look at the car

Or just wait to its next service?

Mine did the same thing once. Don't know why. Was it shaking as if the engine was off balance? Thats what mine did, and didn't sound too healthy either. Happened about a year ago and never happened again :w00t:

did it start sounding like a wrx? if so its a coilpack..i went through it 3 times with my girl b4 putting in splitfires

sounding like a wrx could also be a dead sparkplug giving you 5 cylinders. It sounds cool but yer it isnt :)

check your plugs as well ron

it could be many things man...rings/coil packs/spark plugs...when mine did it....it was because i got water into the spark plug area and it couldn't fire properly but yeh haha just check out the coil/spark plugs area :) hope that helps ron

Cheers

Chi

I had a brand new impreza do that to me before- turned it around to dealership(where i worked) grabbed another car. Service guys took it for a thrash and somehow that solved the problem...... don't blame me if you blow something - it just happened to work in this instance - they didn't have much of clue what it was either.