SAU Community

Car Loans

dooky

I didnt find any banks to do a secured, low intrest rate 'import' car loan :)

If you wanna go for a loan you will prolly end up with like 11-13% intrest rates... just make sure u can pay off as much extra you can per year (if its limited) and it wont be so bad.

Yea, I couldn't find a secured loan either. I paid 11.95% interest. Its annoying, but if you pay it off as quick as possible, then its ok. I had half the value of my car saved first, so that helped.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine unsecured through St George for a reasonable rate and I could pay off up to 5k extra a year without penalties. Paid it off in a year though and wasn't stung too badly.

dont quote me but i think savings and loans do a pretty good deal.. and they were guna pre approve me on a loan for rex...... not the same thing but mite be worth looking into.

Just got another loan through the national as they were one of the few that will finance casual people. Interest is 13.22 % for a 18 grand unsecured loan, and with me being casual. But i do work full time just classed as a casual, but it does help to have good imcome too and ive got that

• 2 weeks later...
home building society....start from 8.99% unsecured car laon, no penalties for paying it off early either.

They told me earlier this year that they don't do car loans for imports at all. Got my first car through them but 2nd time round they've changed their minds.

They told me earlier this year that they don't do car loans for imports at all. Got my first car through them but 2nd time round they've changed their minds.

dam, thats sucks.....was going to go through them, weird cause this is what it says on the site...

"From 8.99%pa (Comparison rate From 9.23%pa )

For a limited time, Home is offering you the lowest unsecured car loan rate in WA* - no matter what the car's make, model or value.

might have to ring them and find out. cheers for the heads up.