SAU Community

It Is Unleshed

R TUNE

well if you read the wheels mag they have the first excluseve on the new R35 GTR.

and i dont wont it.

a 60 deg v6 with 345kw

non etesa

non manual

looks like a commondore (imo)

non straight six

and is useing thermos from what i could gather from the eng bay pic.

i didn't read throught the full artical but apparatnly does 7.35sec min at nurburg (from memory)

any way gone is a true GTR

the new one is built for the street not the track (as drive (herald sun) reports)

well if you read the wheels mag they have the first excluseve on the new R35 GTR.

and i dont wont it.

a 60 deg v6 with 345kw

non etesa

non manual

non straight six

i didn't read throught the full artical but apparatnly does 7.35sec min at nurburg (from memory)

the new one is built for the street not the track (as drive (herald sun) reports)

gone is the true GTR ??

show me a stock 34 do 0 - 100 in 3.6 secs lol, or even do a 7.38 at the Nurburgring for that matter, This wll never take the place of GTRs gone in my mind, but i wont discount it as a true GTR either, its HOT and flippen powerfull

This wll never take the place of GTRs gone in my mind

why?

does it need to be 20 seconds slower around the 'ring, have a weaksauce oil supply system, and be cursed with 5/8ths of f**k-all low rpm torque to be 'the real deal' :spank:

well it already has a much better lubrication system than the RB-series engines, forged pistons and has titanium conrods/valves standard

the only potential weak links are the block rigidity or (although unlikely) the head gasket design

and i dont wont it.

a 60 deg v6 with 345kw

non etesa

non manual

non straight six

:spank:

It looks more like a 350Z, and the last I looked, that's not a Commodore.

Non manual? DSG is even better than manual -- true super-cars of the 21st century have all gone this way so why shouldn't Nissan?

No "etesa"? It has ATTESA E-TS all wheel drive.

It has 353kw and 588nm torque from a VR38DETT (3.8 litre twin turbo DOHC V6) engine; in my opinion, this will not only be "true" to the GT-R image, but will enhance it. Its going to be roughly half the price of a Porsche for the same performance around a track, to me that sounds exactly like what the next GT-R is and should be all about.

Edited by M34N

However much of a ball tearer this is, and however much I want it, i'll still always have a special place in my heart for the 'old skool' Japanese cars even if a lot of them had inherent faults from the factory :spank:

Edited by Yawn

actually if you think about it, every single GTR in Nissan's history has been a straight 6... the S20 in the C10 and C110, and the RB26 in the R32, R33 and R34.

I still say that the new GT-R is more Z than Skyline, just whoring on the heritage of the Skyline brand and icons.

However much of a ball tearer this is, and however much I want it, i'll still always have a special place in my heart for the 'old skool' Japanese cars even if a lot of them had inherent faults from the factory biggrin.gif

same

but the world moves on- not many people here would think all that highly of the V8 type that just have to have a big Holley 850 carb and kettering distributor ignition system on their 351c.i pushrod valve bounce machine

actually if you think about it, every single GTR in Nissan's history has been a straight 6... the S20 in the C10 and C110, and the RB26 in the R32, R33 and R34.

I still say that the new GT-R is more Z than Skyline, just whoring on the heritage of the Skyline brand and icons.

now there are only 2 manufacturers in the world making full-production I6 passenger cars: BMW and Ford

everyone else seems to have realized that you get better handling balance without 2 or 3 cylinders hanging forward of the front axle line

to the thread starter... have you read ANY of the threads in this section?? some of this shit has been confirmed for ages, thanks to people like justin (7tune.com)

and i read the whole article in wheels. 1) wheels=useless, 95% front cover holden, mag 2) they have on their front cover the INCORRECT power figure, nice work :spank: 3) In the contents pages, they call it a friggen Skyline GTR.

wheels=useless

the thing has OFFICIALLY been released, with full specs on the website and the god damn CEO himself giving the power figure, and they still get it wrong

idiots

i agree with the comments about it looking more like a 350Z. It's the front headlights. The skylines, Z's, and now GTR share VERY similar front end styling. That was the thing i hated the most about the 350Z when it first came out, but nissan seem to love that headlight design ;\

i agree with the above comment. it needs a squarer front end ;D