SAU Community

Need To Mount My Emanage

SECURITY

im trying to find a way to mount my emanage. its not very big, its around 150x250x25.

i want to mount it to the side of the centre console, just under the reach of the glove box when its completely open.

any ideas on how i can make something up to mount it there?

winner gets a chuppa chup.

dont believe him, he never pays up with his chuppa chups :rofl:

so you want it mounted behind the glove box ???

there is room under the dash there, and you will be able to mount it on the reo bar that links the 2 a pillars together and supports the dash and steering column.

pulls the glove box out and have a look in there, make sure it will fit, then you'll need to make up a "box" to hold the ecu unit, then a tube attachement to mount that to the bar.

lol you're -1 chuppa chup remember?

i want it to sit up against the centre console on the passengers side. but just out of the reach of the glove box.

i want it within reaching distance so i can switch the maps whenever i like as well as connect my lappy up to it whenever i like.

i removed my gauges that i had in my DIN which werent connected anyway and put it in there with some double sided tape. easy done but i would rather a bracket i could slide it in and out of.

here is the only pic ive got of the size of it and where i want it mounted.

the pink part is the angle that the glove box opens, and in red is where i want the emanage ideally.

its got a few warning lights so if my temp, boost, timing etc reaches the limit i set it to, one of the lights change colour so i want it in my sight at all times.

ive got it sitting in the DIN console and im happy with it there but if someone can come up with a design for me to have it there that would be sweet, so i can re-install my gauges.

post-13452-1193838001_thumb.jpg

I've been considering places to mount the one I just got. One thing that came to mind was to make a custom bracket out of a flat piece of metal, by folding each side into an L shape. Then the main flat part could bolt to the underside of the e-manage, and then flat ends of the L could be used to mount it. In my case, I was considering putting it in the glovebox, if there's room.

well the main problem is finding 2 points to mount what ever is is you decide to hold the unit in.

it will need 2 points to hold it steady, since the weight and distance to mounting point with induce vibration/wobble.

i can only really envision a 3 piece system.

1 mounted and bent around tthe centre console from the left support behind the radio, this is the main centre dash support.

1 mounted onto the tunnel via the bolts holding the gear lever shroud.

1 mounted to the emanage that connects to these 2 pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

- Flip down from the ceiling?

- Use a DIN spot and build a motorized tray with some switches, worm drives and a PICAXE to control it all

- Mount it where you want it now, and use a sheet metal bracket that goes up underneath the right hand edge of the glove compartment door?

Iv been going through the same thing (on a smaller scale with PFC HC)

Iv made a bracket from sheet alloy, that holds the HC a little higher then in your picture, and secures down the left hand side of the top DIN slot. I don’t like it being on show all the time.

ATM I'm thinking bout a CarPuter. Could use that new "dial displaying" SW in development for showing output, DataLogit for tuning. Could run a Wideband output to the laptop too... true utopian all in one :rofl:

2 cents

Keep it in the DIN pocket and mount your gauges elsewhere?

IMO it's gonna be ugly hanging off the side of the tunnel, and how do you plan on hiding the loom?

Personally I don't like DIN mounted gauges. You have to shift your focus too far from your normal field of vision to check them.

I have mine mounted on the steering column and it's a quick glance down, as you normally would when checking speed/revs etc. I can still see all my factory gauges apart from oil pressure, which isn't accurate anyway and I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

If you get a DIN pocket with the flap on the front, then the ECU can be hidden from prying/theiving eyes as well.

post-8870-1195014534_thumb.jpg

Keep it in the DIN pocket and mount your gauges elsewhere?

IMO it's gonna be ugly hanging off the side of the tunnel, and how do you plan on hiding the loom?

Personally I don't like DIN mounted gauges. You have to shift your focus too far from your normal field of vision to check them.

I have mine mounted on the steering column and it's a quick glance down, as you normally would when checking speed/revs etc. I can still see all my factory gauges apart from oil pressure, which isn't accurate anyway and I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

If you get a DIN pocket with the flap on the front, then the ECU can be hidden from prying/theiving eyes as well.

thats what ive done, its in the DIN pocket now. im looking for one with a cover, but i cant find one yet!

im going to mount my gauges in the glove box. im getting ones that have warning lights/buzzers built in so i dont have to have them exposed all the time, i'd just pull the glove box down on track days.

thanks for the ideas guys.

From memory, Nissan Pulsars have the same size DIN pocket with the flip down face. Go check a wrecker, you can probably pick one up for ~$10

sweet, thanks for that. ill have a look at the wreckers on the weekend.

heres how i mounted it:

post-13452-1195537933_thumb.jpg

it was a bit tricky trying to get my launch control switch sitting right, ill have to fabricate a mount with a decent switch so it doesnt move around, otherwise im pretty happy with it.

yeah thats the plan mate. but instead of drilling into my dash thats in perfect condition i want to mold the front of the DIN pocket in fiberglass and put a switch on it that way. i just want all the emanage stuff together in the single pocket incase i need to remove something.