SAU Community

horrible performance

Hey I got a few questions for you guys. I just bought a 1989 GTS-t. It has aftermarket exhaust, intercooler, intake, bov, and tuned computer. The deal is it idles kinda rough and when you let off the gas after revving it up the RPMs drop way low like 450 or so, it almost stalls. Another thing is horrible, I mean awful performance. I tested it from 0-100km/h and it took 8.869secs!!! Not anywhere close to stock! I'm hoping that it needs a tune-up really bad. Maybe a fried spark plug or a bad ignition coil. Could one of these things cause the performance to be that bad?

your nearly stalling problem after revving it up is due to the BOV. the spring tension needs to be increased a bit, simple fix if your bov is adjustable. Sounds like you need to get a good tune

- theres no way you can be in japan?! why on earth would you need advice from australia?

And you no write broken englis.

HAHA very funny. I'm not for sure if the BOV is adjustable, it's an HKS one. I'm an american that's why my english isn't broken and I can't exactly get help here in Japan b/c I don't speak Japanese. I hope a tune-up does the trick.

check this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...s=&threadid=408

curiously, changing to copper plugs gapped @8mm fixed my stalling problem - so it seems it could be any one of three issues

BOV, fuel pressure or in my experience, plugs !

must be difficult for you not speaking Nihongo...

Good Luck with it.

I had dramas with the previous owner's adjustment on my Blitz BOV, a simple tweak and she was running sweet. But now that I've just plugged in the Power FC (yet to be tuned), yeah I get higher revs when first turning the car on (like 1400rpm), but it rarely comes back down to where it would ordinarily idle wehn warm on the stock computer (700rpm). And when decelerating coming up to a roundabout for example at 30km'h in 2nd, as I exit the roundabout my revs will rise and I can actually increase my speed without touching the accelerator. I know the base program is not so great - typically running rather rich - but is the car feeding more fuel to the engine and at the same time being misread as throttle when the clutch is out and my foot's off the accelerator? WTF?

The mind boggles. There I go, having a spit when all it probably needs is a tune...

Anyone ever experienced anything similar though?

Cheers!

OMG. u're in japan! Can u get me some parts? - I hear 18" rims r only $400/$500 there 2nd hand. I want some! lol.

Back to ur question. my bov did the samething. after like 2 weeks, i reset the ecu once too, everything was fine. Guess i was just lucky. anywayz how about those rims :) I'm pretty sure there will be a few guys in Japan who can help u out - $ is an universal language of requiring their services.