SAU Community

Newbies

Hey Stephen, those shit-catcher pants will have to do then..lol. You will have to come to syd though!Am always asking someone to drive the beast, as I havent turned a wheel since 12 30am 16 June and probably wont for months yet. So any V loving member to cruise in is welcomed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just joined the v35 club, albeit with a 300gt sedan. Picked her up over the weekend just gone and she is stock as. Looking forward to doing some mods over the coming months, just a matter of deciding whats first.

Hi Guys,

I posted in the other newbie thread already but thought I'd introduce myself here under the V-Series section as well.

Sydney, female, working full time in the CBD and lives on the North Shore.

Got my V35 on Tuesday. Very happy with it but am having issues with the common audio system - my Bose was ripped out and was replaced with a Kenwood. When I questioned the dealer he said the Kenwood one is better, but who knows!

Anyways here I am. I'll probably have a lot of Qs but will try to find the answers in these forums before posting a redundant topic.

Other stuff about me: I'm pretty girly, likes fashion, nails, make ups and stuff. But at the same time I am a total tom boy. Loves fast cars, gaming (was a pretty hard core WoW raider, currently playing BFBC2). Travelling is my passion :D Works hard and am loving the new job.

I read in the other threads that females get treated poorly sometimes here. I hope I won't have to experience that and with me here is the deal - if you bite, be sure you can take a harder bite back.

Cheers,

T :)

Hi Guys,

I posted in the other newbie thread already but thought I'd introduce myself here under the V-Series section as well.

Sydney, female, working full time in the CBD and lives on the North Shore.

Got my V35 on Tuesday. Very happy with it but am having issues with the common audio system - my Bose was ripped out and was replaced with a Kenwood. When I questioned the dealer he said the Kenwood one is better, but who knows!

Anyways here I am. I'll probably have a lot of Qs but will try to find the answers in these forums before posting a redundant topic.

Other stuff about me: I'm pretty girly, likes fashion, nails, make ups and stuff. But at the same time I am a total tom boy. Loves fast cars, gaming (was a pretty hard core WoW raider, currently playing BFBC2). Travelling is my passion :D Works hard and am loving the new job.

I read in the other threads that females get treated poorly sometimes here. I hope I won't have to experience that and with me here is the deal - if you bite, be sure you can take a harder bite back.

Cheers,

welcome aboard tatty. I'm sure we won't bite but wow great intro! You seem to have the works! Fashion, but yet into fast cars and pc games lol. Post a pic of your ride in the gallery section if you can. And enjoy the forums.

T :)

hi guys.

just picked up 2004 white 350GTcoupe today.  was told its the "70th anniversary Edition. Found this site just to pop in and say hello!!

will post some pix when i get a chance.

Hey guys, not so much a newbie (joined back in '03), just a chap who has gotten another import. Back in 1998 I bought a 180sx which I had for 6 yrs. Later during that time I got done over hard core by dodgy mechanics, hated the 180sx and sold it in 2004. Bought myself a brand new corolla in '05, met a lass and got married, got a Camry last yr as a bigger car (no kids yet). The wife was keen to get rid of the Camry as she isn't really a fan and she knows I always had a soft spot for the imports. She agreed we could get another import but it had to have 4 doors. We looked at a few options and I initially wanted a JZX100 Chaser, problem is they are so dated looking now and the boot is tiny. Had a look at a few stagea's, Legnums and Gallants (hate under the bonnet) and also at V35 Skylines. I wanted a manual and picked out this one which I get in a few weeks (yet to be complianced). It is an '03 350GT, 6MT, I guess you could call it a base model as it has standard air con and no BOSE. It will do us just fine, for what we got it for over importing we wouldn't of saved much. It still has the plastic on the door sill metal trim pieces and only 1 key has been used the other key it still inits plastic. He had seat doilies (sp) but they were removed, I would have been keen to keep them.

I only have the link to carsales, I will decide wether to remove the trim or not when I get it. V35 Sedan

Edited by omp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heyy all,

Newbie here from Melbourne. Just got my 01 skyline V35 sedan last week. Just wanted to say hi to all and have few questions too (may be dumb questions but i have got no clue)

1. How do I know whether my car has got a immoboliser or an alarm. I ve got a red LED which blinks when i lock my car but when i open the car with the key and start the car it starts normal.

2. How do i check whether I got NAV.

post-76419-1284296774_thumb.jpg

post-76419-1284296831_thumb.jpg

hi guys, I just got my 04 v35 a week ago, I was just wondering if anyone knows a mechanic around melbourne who specialize in V35 skyline.

my car is stalling when engine is cold, it will only go back normal operation when engine reaches the normal temperature.

it usually happen when tyhe sits for about 8 hours and when I dive it right away it stalls.

it is automatic not a manual. Anyone got the same problem I highly appreciate your help....

thanks..

jerom

Heyy all,

Newbie here from Melbourne. Just got my 01 skyline V35 sedan last week. Just wanted to say hi to all and have few questions too (may be dumb questions but i have got no clue)

1. How do I know whether my car has got a immoboliser or an alarm. I ve got a red LED which blinks when i lock my car but when i open the car with the key and start the car it starts normal.

2. How do i check whether I got NAV.

Hey Raween,

Welcome on board. With regards to your questions:-

1) My car has that red blinking light and I also couldn't be sure if I have an immobiliser. But I got a guy who fixes alarm and reverse sensor to have a look while I was there installing my reverse sensor and he told me that there's an immobiliser in the car. Have a read at one thread about immobiliser and spare keys and hopefully it will help. As far as I know, someone suggested copying ur car key to a normal key and then try starting the car with ur original key far away. If it doesn't start, then u have a immobiliser.

2) Do you have a TV screen in the car? If you do, you should also have a DVD drive above ur glove compartment that is used to read the sat nav DVD. however, it's only for Japan so it's really of not much use.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

New to SAU. I'm Tarun, have had my V35 in Perth for around a year now.

Have already delved into the threads and have gained a substantial insight into the world of V35s! Thanks to all those responsible =D

Will definitely be on here more often,

Cheers

tarun