SAU Community

Newbies

Hey Mark, sure I'll grab them off you, if you're selling anything else let me know, I'm also thinking about the splash guards.

Had a look around at the front bumper options and KuRookie bumpers seem like a better choice than the Nismo for me, so I might be getting those instead of the Nismos, let me know if you know where I can get my hands on these bumpers.

Hi there,

Looking for a car and love the look of the skyline and the sedan looks like a good family car.

Been looking at the recent imports that are available and there seems to be a few 2005 V35 250GT's about.

looking at this one

Seems to me to be a good deal. especially with the 5 Years premium Australia Wide Parts & labor Warranty.

would appreciate anybody's comments.

Craig.

Hey Craig very tidy looking car- I hope noone here snaps it up from under you ! Don't know too much about the 250 but Everything I've read about them engines suggests their a reliable, healthy, economical unit. Awesome you got the heated full leather seats many 350s don't even have that. Miles seem fine too-- good luck with your V!

Looks good, but have a bit of a look around first. 250GTs tend to go quite cheap as everyone is after the 350GT (or 300GT for P platers), have seen some go for under $10k.

You also might want to check it out in person, to find out which one of the (at least 2) cars represented in the pics, is the actual one for sale.

Hello everyone, I'm Sam

Been looking at the Vs for a while and should be purchasing a 300gt in the coming weeks :)

I also have a question for any of the 300gt drivers on here, especially P-plater drivers. What does your insurance cost you per year? I've had some ridiculous quotes and some that weren't too bad so I thought I'd ask here and see what others are paying. I've looked through some other threads on the topic but none have really answered my question.

Thanks - Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forums! The topic of insurance has been covered quite a fair bit and if it hasn't answered your question its because there is probably no accurate answer.

Insurance quotes vary from company to company and is determined by a lot of different variables:

1. age of driver

2. type of vehicle and age

3. agreed or market value insured

4. driving history

5. insurance history (rating)

6. postcode/state where you live

7. garaged or street parked

If you are a P Plater then all the odds will be against you and most insurers will classify you as high risk and hence will charge you a higher premium. Unfortunately being an import also means higher premiums in most cases so be prepared.

The general advice is, if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car.

I pay $500/year for my V through Just Cars. All comes down to age, previous insurance history etc..

Also most people aren't aware they can adjust their premiums as well with most companies and choose to pay lower premium and higher excess which is what I have done as opposed to high premium low excess.

Good Luck!

Hello everyone, I'm Sam

Been looking at the Vs for a while and should be purchasing a 300gt in the coming weeks :)

I also have a question for any of the 300gt drivers on here, especially P-plater drivers. What does your insurance cost you per year? I've had some ridiculous quotes and some that weren't too bad so I thought I'd ask here and see what others are paying. I've looked through some other threads on the topic but none have really answered my question.

Thanks - Sam

Hey Sam, I'm a red p-plate driver with a 300gt and I'm paying roughly 2.4k a year (I know huge rip off lol) with RACV (cheapest option I could find). I'm 18 with a 2004 v35 300gt also in melbourne with $500 excess insured for market value.

Hi, I am new to the forum, but have been reading all the posts for a few months before deciding to buy a 2005 series 2 v35 350gt. I would like to thank everyone for all the helpfull info, and i am now looking forward to enjoying my car.

Thank you both for the replies. ni5m0, I noticed with the adjustable excess and premium most insurers offer the price of the premium and excess usually amount to the same price, so I will be taking your advice and getting a lower premium and higher excess and from there if I don't crash I'll have saved myself a considerable amount of cash.

itsRICHARD, I looked further into RACV insurance and found them to be the cheapest by far. What some of the other companies offer is a complete joke.

No worries Greg thanks, just saw a phone symbol on the steering wheel and the stereo and put 2&2 together and made 5.

Could bluetooth be put on the stereo or anything similar without the stereo being changed?

No worries Greg thanks, just saw a phone symbol on the steering wheel and the stereo and put 2&2 together and made 5.

Could bluetooth be put on the stereo or anything similar without the stereo being changed?

certainly can. shhot me a message. i keep the modules kin stock to do it.

Hello everyone, I'm Sam

Thanks - Sam

Hey buddy congratulations, I'm nearly 21 on my greens driving a 03 350GT coupe. My insurance is with RACQ (QLD) and i pay just over $2,200 a year which is insane ($185 per month) with a massive exess but it was the cheapest quote i got by about $40 a month. I am actually looking at changing insurance though as RACQ will not cover me for more than 1 engine Modification which is silly so i am going to bite the bullet and pay more so i can keep modding.

All i can say is drive carefully haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

I've been lurking on here for a while now, but now that I've left Japan and am back in Melbourne, thought I'd post up some pictures.

I have a 2007 V36 Skyline Coupe 6MT. This is what it looked like when I bought it in Japan.

2011-09-29%25252009.52.36.jpg

Here's what it looks like now:

DSC_2039.JPG

From behind:

DSC_3498.JPG

The car lands in Melbourne on the 6th October + another 3 weeks or so for compliance = 1 more month to wait :)

Looking forward to be able to attend some meets in Melbourne soon

That's hot. Love the front apron and side skirt.Just wonder if standard rear lights would be just as good.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that too. I plan to sand down the blacked out lights to lighten it a bit, see if it still looks ok