SAU Community

Newbies

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd stop stalking the forums and introduce myself. My names Reece and I live in Townsville due to work but go to Brisbane as much as possible. I recently bought an immaculate Red 350GT Coupe 6MT Premium dropped on Cusco Coilovers. Also has Fujitsubo Exhaust so it sounds perfect and some nice 19inch black rims :). Very, VERY pleased with my purchase considering out of the 5 cars I looked at this was the only one I couldn't fault.

Anyway fella's, I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how haha.

Cheers lads,

Reece

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd stop stalking the forums and introduce myself. My names Reece and I live in Townsville due to work but go to Brisbane as much as possible. I recently bought an immaculate Red 350GT Coupe 6MT Premium dropped on Cusco Coilovers. Also has Fujitsubo Exhaust so it sounds perfect and some nice 19inch black rims :). Very, VERY pleased with my purchase considering out of the 5 cars I looked at this was the only one I couldn't fault.

Anyway fella's, I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how haha.

Cheers lads,

Reece

Hey Reece, sounds really nice. Thats an "03 is it ?. You got the brembos too- sweet! I got the Fujitsubu on mine too & love it .I'm sure you will enjoy many happy k's driving

Hey guys

Yeah mate, she's an '03. She's got all the bells and whistles and I picked it up for a good price as well!

And yeah Seano, they're 19's mate. I forget what brand but I'll let you know when I get back to Brissie next week. And will do mate, might be doing the Brizzie-Townsville run mid January so I might stop in.

It's funny, I've got the Mod Bug already. Stage 1 - Sound System...

Cheers,

Reece

By the way, if you don't know much about these cars i highly suggest signing up to g35driver.com too, there is also a facebook page i'm apart of with 500+ members called V35 Coupe Drivers.

I know just about all the common problems with these cars so if you ever need any help feel free to put up a post or drop a PM as most of the people on this forum would be more than happy to help.

Cheers man. I'm pretty familiar with that site. The yanks go apeshit with these cars!

No worries bro, thanks a heap. I'll be doing a bit of exploring on the car when I head back so I might be scouring the forums a fair bit haha. But I'll try and contribute as much as I can.

Hey guys

Yeah mate, she's an '03. She's got all the bells and whistles and I picked it up for a good price as well!

And yeah Seano, they're 19's mate. I forget what brand but I'll let you know when I get back to Brissie next week. And will do mate, might be doing the Brizzie-Townsville run mid January so I might stop in.

It's funny, I've got the Mod Bug already. Stage 1 - Sound System...

Cheers,

Reece

Welcome to the club mate!

Great to see another V join us. I think we briefly met at the SCC...

Are you going to make it to the SAU Xmas Party this Saturday?

Cheers I needed to know what colour to call it , I'm thinking it needs a few bits to get perfect

Welcome to the LS Blue club! I am guessing yours is a series 2 as well with the aluminium center console trim and the bose CD/MD headunit?

There aren't very many of these colours going around. Try and source the factory lip if you can, will set it off nicely without going overboard.

Yeah+ 1 on that N15mo. I got the rear lip spoiler on mine ( I think it's Impul) sharpens the rear nicely.Not many have them. I've a only seen 1 silver and 1.charcoal grey one( looked hot)). Many have the full spoiler which I'm not a fan of.

In Sydney there's a few lakeshore blues going around now. There's at least 3 coupes in the surrounding suburbs I see now. Then again theres lots of Japanese / Chinese guys in Strathfield- so no surprise. Certainly not like 5 years ago when I was one of the first few

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy!

I have recently acquired a Series 1 V35 Automatic Sedan.

I have been lurking SAU reading all the tech threads about possible issues with these vehicles.

Interestingly enough I have come across a lot of disturbing timing chain and oil consumption issues for the Infinity and Nissan VQ35DD motor.

I am interested to know if the VQ25DD motor shares the exact same timing chain, guides & tensioner assembley as the VQ35DD engine, or if it is a slightly different variation (as posted in another thread i viewed)?

Taken from this thread in reference to VQ25dd vs VQ35DD:

http://www.skylinesa..._1#entry6350253

snapback.pngscotty nm35, on 09 May 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

If that's the case it isn't hard to check the tensioner, its in the left hand side black cover on the front of the engine. Make sure the tensioner is pushing on the guide in the right position.

VQ25's run a different tensioner and guide by the looks of it...

Can anyone please confirm this last comment.

I am new to Nissan, is there a good EPC that I can view online?

Cheers,

Ali.

Edited by FUTO_GT

There is no VQ35DD engine, the 3.5L engine is not direct injected, so it is a VQ35DE.

The oil consumption issues you read about are likely realted to the 'rev-up' version of the VQ35DE fitted to the 05+ Infiniti G35. This engine was never used in the skyline.

On topic of the oil consumption issues.. my car has used almost 1.5L of oil in around 7,000km/6 months. Definitely doesn't seem normal to me, but i keep getting different dipstick readings it's very annoying and it's such in a stupid location!