SAU Community

My First Skyline - R32 Gts-t

Hi

Ive finally bought a Skyline R32. Very impressed with the car and fuel consumption too.

It has:

- Tein Superstreet Aus spec Coilovers

- Just Jap Fmic

- Xforce turboback exhaust

- Sparco 17" Rims

- Apexi exhaust valve controller

Heres some pics:

post-34817-1194850008_thumb.jpg

post-34817-1194850016_thumb.jpg

post-34817-1194850021_thumb.jpg

post-34817-1194850026_thumb.jpg

post-34817-1194850030_thumb.jpg

Just one question for u guys, wats the exhaust valve controller do?

Thanks

Hey mate. Nice looking R32. Looks nice and clean.

With the exhaust valve, what are you talking about exactly? Where is it situated? If its the vacuum valve like the stock exhaust, then its just a valve that opens the exhuast based on air flow, or revs or something. Can't remember.

Nothing at the moment, coz im happy with it, plenty of power for me as i used to drive a fwd celica haha.

But plans r in the near future, Bosch fuel pump, a boost controller, rb25 turbo and ecu. Not sure on wat boost controller and ecu to get. Powerfc's arent available anymore, is that correct? Is there something round the $1000 mark. I might just get a safc coz im only chasing 200kw

Edited by mark_sudakov

How do you like the exhaust mate? Is it very loud?

its not too loud, but not quiet either. Id say its just right, same for the ride height. Any lower and it would scrape, but the way it is now i have no problems getting around so far

Nothing at the moment, coz im happy with it, plenty of power for me as i used to drive a fwd celica haha.

But plans r in the near future, Bosch fuel pump, a boost controller, rb25 turbo and ecu. Not sure on wat boost controller and ecu to get. Powerfc's arent available anymore, is that correct? Is there something round the $1000 mark. I might just get a safc coz im only chasing 200kw

Thats good then, as long as your happy with it!

Boost controller, for like 16psi and under you can use a bleed valve called a TURBOTECH boost controller. There about $35 from EBAY, and have been proven by a lot of members on the forums to be a very good upgrade.

I have one, and will be using it sometime soon.

PFC I would also like to get, but is pretty much not an option. I saw one on the forums recently advertised for $1,900! I'd pay $1,200 but not $1,900 lol

REMAP is a good option, or if you don't want to go to hard out an SAFCII or Greddy E-MANAGE is also good, that will get you to 200rwkw.

Anyways, good luck with it all. Keep us posted :wave:

Edited by abu

i was aware of the costs of insurance, and decided fire and theft insurance is wat i would get.

I just can't believe that you can say that in todays state of affairs.

click search and type in STOLEN.

have a look at the dates the hundreds of threads that come up have on them.

you paid $12K for the skyline.

"WHEN" someone steals it from you, you will get back $2500 "AFTER" you have paid your exess of what? $1K for a 21 year old?

seriously mate.

It's a nice looking car.

alarm etc will do f*k all when some c**t with a bat taps on your window.