SAU Community

Mag Metal Engineering????PLS HELP!

25GTT

Well I think this thread will also help Booztor a bit aswell!

I am missing my cap off my rear right hand mag? However this isn't just like a plastic sticker cap, my mags have actually got a metal cap about 10 centimetres in diameter, basically i have asked stores like Mr mag and speed wheels in Subi and Ian Diffen and they all said it would have to be made up?

This really is a sore sight for my eyes when i see the missing cap and am goign to have to buy some 18's if i can't get it fixed, i would rather buy a FMIC than a set of 18's as besides the missing cap, the mags really are LOVELY!

I AM GETTING DESPERATE FOR A CAP TO BE MADE ....PLLLLEASE HELP if you know of any companies that could help it would be MUCH appreciated!

Attached is a pic and you can see on the rear the mag cap missing...

Might sound silly but cut the bottom off a coke aluminium can and see if it will fit.

Darryl with the burgandy GTS (Works at wanneroo auto parts) has done it and it looks great. Wouldn't have picked it if he hadn't told me.

Had a nice aluminium finish with a Nissan sticker on it.

It depends on the size of your wheel flange plus you'll have to make 4 of them.

Cheers

Originally posted by R34

Might sound silly but cut the bottom off a coke aluminium can and see if it will fit.

Darryl with the burgandy GTS (Works at wanneroo auto parts) has done it and it looks great. Wouldn't have picked it if he hadn't told me.

Had a nice aluminium finish with a Nissan sticker on it.

It depends on the size of your wheel flange plus you'll have to make 4 of them.

Cheers

LOL I call it RICE!!! LOL nah!

Good one....

cheers

Joe

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

LOL I call it RICE!!! LOL nah!

Good one....

cheers

Joe

Seriously mate it looked OK...you'd never know as it looked factory

Originally posted by adam 32

hey ive seen that car so many times!! very nice! thats not the stock rear bumper is it? sorry but this isnt helping you much with the wheel thing though is it...

Heya Adam, bit of a late reply i've been a bit sick for the last couple a days!

To tell you the truth i am not too sure, i think it might be the standard rear but my car is just so dam low it's hard to tell :-)

normaly the aftermarket ones hang a bit low but the rest of the car has got skirts and stuff so it's hard to tell.....

By the way guys i have thought about the coke can think but it won't fit. at the moment i have all the caps off to make it look as though nothing is missing ..... wait umm yeah aaahh you know what i mean, so they all look the same! A friend has taken the caps to a guy near Morley to see if he can make a replica cast.

fingers are crossed! :(