SAU Community

Mods Help

akabubbles

hi guy's got a r32 gtr running 14psi and a full exhaust, everthing else is factory , just want recomendation on getting it to sound little like a turbo, after a nice sound when changing gears -the car boogies but just dosent turn heads when going through the gears lol.

any recomandtions

the main noise comes from the induction side on the turbochargers

predominately the gtr twins are much quieter than the gtst single turbo setups

you can make it louder by opening up the the intake path and/or removing the restrictions

but its likely to suck in hot and dirt etc - the usual twin pods will make it a big louder

try removing the panel filter and go for a boost around the block - should give you an idea what it will sound like with a twin pod kit

be warned dont do this for long as your running open mounted turbo's any level of dirt could shag the bearings etc

You could always get a pod or something to get a louder induction noise if you're into that sort of thing. I wouldn't recommend getting a atmo bov, it'll be too much trouble with constant stalling etc.

I honestly don't see why you want the head turning though? Not only are the heads turning going to be people you want to impress, but some of them will be the police as well.

I would rather keep my car looking and sounding as stock as possible on the streets that's all.

hehe that's what you get for askin technical questions on a sunday.

your best bet is to get a metal pipe to go between your turbo and your AFM (otherwise known as a dose pipe around thomastown). it'll amplify the volume of the air induction and any pressure variations (flutter etc) that your system will have.

i've got a twin plate clutch, which lets the world know when I'm changing gears... usually followed by them looking at my car as if something fell off.

im running a dual port bov. its handy. has atmo and plumb bak which doesnt cause stalling issues like an atmo coz its returns atleast 50% of the air back into the intake. after a tune it make 190kw. it makes the world look when i change gears.

but if i were ui would go the twin pod setup. would cost u about $200 to get this with some quality pods, ie apexi or k&n ($50-$80) each and then adaptor plates about $15-$20 each. that will give u good induction noises and have a flutter to when u change gears ith a dose.

Pods will make it louder, I have some for sale as I'm sticking to the airbox to attract less attention (or at least I think I can attract less attention that way :ermm:).

I have K&N pods for sale if your looking for some, not sure how much noise they make though.

Apologies for taking this a little off topic.

nope, should be fine.

My RB26 is loud as, lots of nice noises, just pods on there.

The stock BOV's are quite the noise makers

Do the stock BOV's make a "psshht" sound on some gear changes? Been trying to work out if my BOV's are atmosphere venting or not (its got a tuned ECU and it runs perfectly fine).

i've got a twin plate clutch, which lets the world know when I'm changing gears... usually followed by them looking at my car as if something fell off.

So that weird grinding noise that sounds like something is broken when you attempt to slip the clutch is normal? I apparently have a OS Giken twin plate). Of course normal driving its ok, and changing gears is ok too.

Regards,

Gareth

P.S. aren't "dose" pipes illegal?

With the standard bov, you can hear the 'ppshh' noise, but it's obviously not as loud as a atmo one. With my car, the bov doesn't open until you rev it above ~3krpm. So below that you'll hear a light flutter. This is all with a standard box as well.

actually your cheapest possible way to get more noise out of your induction would be to remove the factory resonator that connects to your airbox.

how? lol

Access Autoworks in trade place off of canterbury road in vermont/nunawading is the australian distributor for apex'i

zoidberg_evil.jpg

I think at the P1 Xmas party, we need to flutter the Smart...

Wooo woo woo woo

p1 xmax party! omg... could there be a better party...???? one day , one day i tell you i will be able afford such a prestigous annual fee... :P