2000 rpm ?

3000 rpm ? ....etc

low trottile

1000 rpm ?

2000 rpm ?

DECAIR settings ??

please , i need it.

skyline r33 rb25det (turbo kkr430). big(gtr ) intercoller

there is no need to worry about the dec-air settings.

as for the correction settings its best to get it on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor to get it right, every ones is different. just by looking at what mods you list you could count on adding a bit to the high throttle from about 3000rpm onwards. but you still need to see what really happening with a wideband O2 sensor.

With the Dec-Air settings i remember reading some where in the FAQ/Tutorial section a post of someones settings to fix a car with an atmo BOV from stalling. I tried it on mine but just made the car drive like a bitch when slipping the clutch, kept jerking the car. F**king SAFC's, i want my microtech :no:

there is no need to worry about the dec-air settings.

as for the correction settings its best to get it on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor to get it right, every ones is different. just by looking at what mods you list you could count on adding a bit to the high throttle from about 3000rpm onwards. but you still need to see what really happening with a wideband O2 sensor.

i now that i need dyno. but no dyno here. this is my problem. i need some correction hi and low trottle. (after connecting afc neo, ignitiom map changed ) if someone can write settings. what settings you have made by dyno.

i now that i need dyno. but no dyno here. this is my problem. i need some correction hi and low trottle. (after connecting afc neo, ignitiom map changed ) if someone can write settings. what settings you have made by dyno.

well i don't have a 33, but i did have a neo in my 32 i little while ago, and with a 33 turbo (bigger than std 32 one) and just on a road tune with a wideband O2 sensor and i only bothered with the HI throttle settings (because i was upgrading soon) from about 2000rpm to 4000 rpm i slowly increased to around +5% correction then from there it increased to around +8% to +10% correction at 7000rpm

i cant remember off the top of my head the exact values (but this is on a 32)

i would think that with a 33 and with the turbo you have said it would be similar if not more fuel added up high.

Edited by QWK32

Just wondering, would it be safe to do that in his case, like i mean without having a wideband O2 sensor, you really have no idea how much you need to correct it by. Let us know if you end up putting those settings in and what kind of difference it feals like it made.

its not safe. you need a dyno - you have no idea what you are doing to your air fuel ratios.

2000rpm to 4000 rpm i slowly increased to around +5% correction then from there it increased to around +8% to +10% correction at 7000rpm

thats the opposite to most people.. usually you want to take a bit out of the top end (4000-7000) because the stock ECU runs a bit rich and when you up the boost/free the exhaust it runs even richer. normally its +'s at the low rpm's and -'s at the top end, but again, this will depend heavily on your exact modifications and engine setup.

icemm - there is no point in tuninig your AFC at all without a dyno. you wont get any increased performance without having it done properly on a dyno or at least with a wideband O2 sensor in the car. Leave it all at 0% until you can get it to a dyno - that big turbo will make it tricky to drive around on stock ECU, so keep it off boost till you can get it tuned.

thats the opposite to most people.. usually you want to take a bit out of the top end (4000-7000) because the stock ECU runs a bit rich and when you up the boost/free the exhaust it runs even richer. normally its +'s at the low rpm's and -'s at the top end, but again, this will depend heavily on your exact modifications and engine setup.

with the stock turbo i had to take some fuel out on top end, but once i put the 33 turbo on i had to add fuel to get a good afr, i do have a wideband o2. but that was on a 32, 33 may be completely different. and like has already been said everyones tune is different.

Edited by QWK32

• 2 weeks later...

k..well mostly all skylines run rich!!

this is because they(nissan) dont want punks up-ing the boost and blowing motors..

dats y they got the boost solenoid too..

so after 5500rpm the boost goes up to 7psi..

as for the APEXI NEO..

search my ppost coz, ive asked this before too..

NEO are great..i gained more power..and an extra bout 100 k's outa my tank..

i believe the NEO doesnt use the low-throttle settings..from wat i can tell

and the dec-air it doesnt use either..u can play round wit it..but i doubt it..

coz i got an atmo bov..but that got correct by adjust the throttle postion sensor..which is connect to the throttle body..

k..well mostly all skylines run rich!!

i think this might be true for cars on a lightly modded setup still on stock turbo, this was true on my setup untill i put a larger flowing turbo on, then i got lean mixtures. i have personally seen a couple of 32's with light mods on a dyno lean out to 15s, the tuner runing the dyno had to stop the run to be safe. the scary thing was that the owners of the cars had been driving them hard for ages without knowing :P

i believe the NEO doesnt use the low-throttle settings..from wat i can tell

and the dec-air it doesnt use either..u can play round wit it..but i doubt it..

the NEO does have hi and low throttle settings, its up to whoever is tuning/setting it up to set the change over % levels. and the NEO just like the SAFC II has the DEC-AIR setup but both of them from factory settings arn't enabled/setup yet. nor do you really have to.

• 1 month later...
i think this might be true for cars on a lightly modded setup still on stock turbo, this was true on my setup untill i put a larger flowing turbo on, then i got lean mixtures. i have personally seen a couple of 32's with light mods on a dyno lean out to 15s, the tuner runing the dyno had to stop the run to be safe. the scary thing was that the owners of the cars had been driving them hard for ages without knowing :)

yeah i agree wat was said above...

they do run rich stocker..

only so if people did light mods..they would have to adjust the a/f ratios etc..

but dats y alot of people consider power fc/re-map/motec/haltech/emanage etc..

to fix up problems wit ignition/air-fuel etc.....

the NEO does have hi and low throttle settings, its up to whoever is tuning/setting it up to set the change over % levels. and the NEO just like the SAFC II has the DEC-AIR setup but both of them from factory settings arn't enabled/setup yet. nor do you really have to.

• 6 years later...

I didn't see a point in making a new thread.

I just wired my afc neo and it works fine, but i am not getting any air flow readings. I've used pin 54, input white & output yellow on the afc, set the hotwire to 4 and 4 and single and single. I haven't adjusted anything but the dec air, this works as i made the car stall and rev higher.

It has me confused as every thread ive read with cars with an afm have air flow readings.