SAU Community

Rb25 Isnt Making Power

l0WRB

hey guys,

would anyone out there know why my car wont make power? it came off the dyno yesterday and the most my tuner could pull was 213rwkw @ 1.2bar

he tried everything, timing,fuel, spent 4hrs on it and still came up with same figure all the time... and yes car is gettin PLENTY of fuel..no shortage of fuel...

mods are

rb25det motor

LINK ecu

hiflowed injectors (around 700cc)

walbro intank pump

stock fuel reg

kkr480 turbo .82 exh housing

gktech intercooler kit

3" v band dumpipe

3" gutted cat 3" inlet canon on rear

exceedy button clutch

from what i can tell there is nothin there holding the car back from making power? me and the tuner are both stumbled as too why it wont make anymore power...

it made 624nm torque and 213rwkw... last i checked kkr480 should make 250rwkw or around that?

it was tuned on an older type of dyno... mainlain dyno i think they call it..so doesnt have fancy new software all these shootout dynonamic dynos have..but yeah

anyone got any ideas?

car was barely gettin any knock from the link and ran fine the whole tune but would NOT make power .... its got me stuffed.. was racing it fri nite at test n tune at benaraby and done 10 runs

all 10 runs were between 13.3 and 13.6 @ 108mph...couldnt get it off line as its 2 laggy...but yeah... also car makes no power after 6000rpm its like dead revving.. i thought kkr480 would scream to 7000

specially with the .84 exh housing..

Edited by l0WRB

you say your car is gettin 'plenty' of fuel, but what if its gettin to much?? what was/is ur air fuel ratio?? at idle and on boost? did you get a read out off the dyno with ur AFR's ??

its gettin nice afr's tuner made sure of that, like i said in the above post, tuner tried leaning it out and making it richer, adding timing and taking timing out, kept coming up with same figure.

turbo should be good for 250rwkw.... its wot other ppl r making :S

put a dyno graph up, what boost was it making after 6000rpm. sounds to me like some kind of restriction in the airflow . What sort of inlet pipe do you have from afm to turbo? what condition is the cooler in?

cooler is only about 12 months old so i would assume condition is ok.

boost holds 19psi until redline

inlet pipe off the turbo to cooler is just 2.5inch mild steel same with otherside into tb.

dyno graph below and pic of inlet pipe

runs map sensor so dont need afm.

post-29137-1195534300_thumb.jpg

post-29137-1195534353_thumb.jpg

Edited by l0WRB

Err.. 624nm torque Holy crap!

Nice flat spot tho.. typical I suppose.

Have you upgraded your AFM? they max out 230-250.. oh sorry just noticed you dont need one, upgraded the pipe then? is it closing?

Edited by DECIM8

thats strange

the dyno graph shows it holding the 213rwkw all the way to redline and there is no drop off (just torque which is normal) so the car should feel strong uptop.

Its also strange that the tuner couldnt effect the power reading, by adding and removing timing by itself should effect the power pretty significantly.

Try taking it to another tuner and see what they say on the dyno

are the injectors just stock injectors hiflowed? If they are drilled out too far it can affect the spray pattern which can affect power but there are heaps of variables

yes the injectors are stock items just shaved the tops off and new caps on

i dont really have tuner options available around my area, closest would be brisbane and them tuners arent exactly cheap lol

i dunno wot to do, im nearly tempted to go back 2 stock turbo which pulled 190rwkw before i done injectors and kkr turbo...hmmm

That is one nice flat spot man and the power doesnt look smooth at all, if you havnt upgraded the AFM, get that done and maybe check your coil packs you might need new ones, and might want to get niso 740cc injectors, your injectors might be stuff if they have been shaved.

cars running splitfire coilpacks, boost is smooth and hard and revs fine, just doesnt seem 2 make power?

injectors r fine hey, he has done plenty of cars with them, mates 32 with rb25 has 400rwhp with same injectors

there is just something with my car that doesnt like making power and i cant figure it out:S

Are you running the factory blow valve to atmosphere? Are you sure it is not leaking up above 10-12 psi?

yes im running the factory bov vented, but if it was leaking wouldnt the boost drop off? it holds 19psi until redline

all 10 runs were between 13.3 and 13.6 @ 108mph...couldnt get it off line as its 2 laggy...but yeah... also car makes no power after 6000rpm its like dead revving.. i thought kkr480 would scream to 7000

I'm not into straight line stuff, but those in the know might be able to throw some ballpark figures of the power required to run that sort of trap speed.

I would first try removing the BOV and replacing it with a peice of metal to block it off just to see whether that is leaking...The turbo...is it new , 2nd hand ? some people do like to exaggerate the specs of the turbos they got...but I would assume if its got so much lag down low it should pull harder toward the top end of the spectrum....tough one to figure...good luck

sounds like you have an interesting problem there man, not fuel, then airflow? No restriction? sounds like a dodgy dyno to me, save up a little money n get it done by different tuner, b4 something bad happens n ur up for a heap of coin. Sounds weird after altering AFR's and timing that the same power figure came up. GL man, hame