SAU Community

Fuel Pump

R338OY

On a stock fuel/ecu/turbo setup will an aftermarket fuel pump give a power increase? I was going to leave it stock but my mate said a Walbro or Bosch pump will give a little more power, plus my pump is getting old now.

Is this the case? Or is it pointless with a near-stock setup?

Thanks

More fuels is better that no fuel in that case i found that out. before i did a turbo upgrade I have a stock turbo and a bigger fuel pump and I got less horespw but I wasnt so lean i was richer then after my turbo I havent had a problem since I done few dyno runs and never has it beeen too lean

Omar not bosch its gay n noisy .. hks or walbro or nismo or tomei

n u might see an improvement but doubt it with ur mods. your going to see more improvement with a safc piggy back (just got mine installed and man its quick) Id chase one first and get dyno'd and see how lean you are. if you get bogging and that sort of crap when your upping the boost than yes a fuel pump is a NEEDED upgraded.

A general rule is upping boost, up the fuel. screw injectors for ur car atm

Edited by DECIM8

2 reasons to change/upgrade fuel pump.

1. Its broken.

2. You're using more fuel than it can supply, in which case your tuner would tell you.

Fuel pump only supplies fuel to the injectors.

n u might see an improvement but doubt it with ur mods. your going to see more improvement with a safc piggy back (just got mine installed and man its quick) Id chase one first and get dyno'd and see how lean you are. if you get bogging and that sort of crap when your upping the boost than yes a fuel pump is a NEEDED upgraded.

I have a bosch one ur rite there noisey thinking bout it now should have gone a nismo alot easier to install less time and effort and more flow

Yeh was gonna come down Nat and check out the tune. So you reckon don't bother with a new pump (Nismo/Walbro sound good to me) until a piggyback job is done?

Sweet, an SAFC is on the cards then, after i repair my exhaust manifold hehe.

Looking forward to seeing how the 34 goes dude :)

You will only "make" more power, if the current pump can not supply enough fuel... which is a fairly major issue in itself.

Fuel pumps are good insurance as stocker gts-t pumps really aren't that crash hot in anything than a factory application

reg f**ks fuel flow, stock factory flow that is.

Pointless unless maxing out injectors.

You'll eventually need a pump Omar its just a matter of time, hell if it fails Phil has one anyway lol

I went and got a dyno purely to see what power my car was making and the operator told me it was running lean.. so I'm glad I went and found that out!

Graph below was with 3" catback/intercooler... I've since replaced the fuel pump with a Tomei one. Getting a safc in soon and a tune!

The AFR isnt super lean I guess, but I'm sure it would only get worse!

hyperdrive_dyno0001.jpg

Fuel pumps are good insurance as stocker gts-t pumps really aren't that crash hot in anything than a factory application

Point taken

Safc is poo i heard?

pfc ftw :rofl:

yeah fuel pump + reg works the magic in your fuelling system, id say is a must if you think for "increasing" any power

:ph34r:

Ok ok, safc would be the budget choice :wave:

reg f**ks fuel flow, stock factory flow that is.

Pointless unless maxing out injectors.

You'll eventually need a pump Omar its just a matter of time, hell if it fails Phil has one anyway lol

Yes, ur right i'll bite the pump...errr bullet...or whatever.

Phil has a stockie or aftermarket?

What pump did you get? And what about getting a regulator?

I went and got a dyno purely to see what power my car was making and the operator told me it was running lean.. so I'm glad I went and found that out!

Graph below was with 3" catback/intercooler... I've since replaced the fuel pump with a Tomei one. Getting a safc in soon and a tune!

The AFR isnt super lean I guess, but I'm sure it would only get worse!

hyperdrive_dyno0001.jpg

your afr's should of been sitting around 12 or under. afr's hitting around the 14:1 under full throttle is asking for a new motor.

In other words, your car was running dangerously lean.