SAU Community

Oh... My... God!!!

Tosh

If you thought Electronic Blow Off Vavles were stupid then take a look at this :D:):D

96acura.jpg

• 10hp gain at least or return it in 10 days for your money back!
  • The most powerful electric turbo available to the public
  • Dyno proven!
  • Easy to install
  • Up to 800 CFM per turbo and 2 PSI boost
  • Only 19 Amp draw @ 12 Volts
  • Cost up to thousands less than custom turbo/supercharger applications
  • Efficient centrifugal design

http://www.acturbo.com/index2.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLineGTR

Goes well with those fake bov with those dam speakers...they should make a value pack of some sort...

That thing is officially dumb, one of my friends has been trying to tell me the benefits of it over the last few days, apparently he saw it at autojoy(rice factory) lol...

I read a write up about the 'TURBO ZET' a while back, and it basically took the piss out of them big time....to cut a long story short it went about its argument scientifically, and arrived at the following conclusion....

"So, to supply the current to drive an electric supercharger having the same airflow output as the most energy-efficient type currently available, it would take 1000 amps. To generate this much electrical power would require at least 8 heavy-duty alternators bolted to the engine. "

The reaction of technical experts...."extreme mirth!"

Read about it at......

"http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=0237

Guest Chris Rodriguez

Well for on thing it's not a plastic fan. The blades are all aluminum. Second it's not like a Turbozet at all. That is obviously two small computer like fans. It's not eRam either. Both the TurboZet and eRam have inefficient axial designs. eRam actually states that there are problems with that. It does however increase the intake of air on vehicles. With 800 CFM it can provide more air than most vechicles usually draw [ (RPMs x Displacement in Cu. In)/3456 ]. One day someone had to come out with a more efficient electric supercharger and we have. A great company that tried to pioneer this was TurboDyne. They had a 3psi supercharger, but it required 100 amps and never was readily available to the public. Now we've just made the design better and made it available. If you have any questions I've left many forms of contact on my profile.

Guest Chris Rodriguez

I don't think this was every meant to be a replacement for a exhaust driven turbo. If you have that type of kit available then that would provide more boost of course. Not everyone has this option available and this is the main market we're catering to. People have purchased it though to minimize turbo lag.

Guest Chris Rodriguez

$350 USD for the single and $650 for the twin. The decrease in the twin is because you don't need another harness. We have a couple of companies (Summit Racing and Jegs) that are trying to get these in sometime in the future (Summit's ETA December). They aren't cheap to make and our molding company is trying to drive up the prices on us as we speak.