SAU Community

R35 Gtr - Costly Rebuilds At 100k - Fact Or Fiction?

Got Boost?

haha this is funny shit

honestly, i know what you read, but think about it logically..

why would nissan make a car with so much R&D in it but make the engine expire in 100,000kms?

logic is a great thing sometimes.

(what i'm trying to say is its all a load of shite)

Yeah it didn't make any sense to me either, but i thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone else had heard of it.

By the time the R35 becomes a as common as 32's or 33's.. There will be more and more manufacturers using this technology.. this means that more and more workshops will be offering this service due to the demand..

Technology will advance.. support will be offord..

when the GTR becomes cheap enough for many of us to afford.. it will common practice..

thats even if it is true!..

And lets face it.. The RB26DETT that is nearing its 21st birthday costs 6K.. which means the 35DETT will have to cost more.. lets say 10K.. its not going to cost 10K to service an engine at its 100,000km mark..

thats just silly

thats my 2 cent

Edited by GTS4WD

Still... servicing the R35 is cheaper then all other cars that do 100kmh in 3.5secs i'd imagine. I heard all the new Ferrari's require a 100k service every 20k and that the belts must all be genuine parts. I think what we're forgetting here is that once the car is here, the R35 is a pretty exclusive "super" car with matching performance. I wonder how much the 100k service cost for a 911 turbo....

• 2 weeks later...
was it in the motor mag or wheels that said it???

Either way dont take everything they say for granted.

YEah, but you dont have to shoot the mesanger, I was just stating what I read, it could be buls%$t, I dont know. It was in the december issue of Motor mag.