SAU Community

Gor Cruise Wrapup

Basti

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God and i actually wanted to go on one of these, guess im not going to considering some crap seems to happen every time.

I for one enjoy going on these cruises, it's a great way to enjoy your car and meet people with similar interests and have a fun day out.

It's not meant to be a race. That's what track days are for. But accidents can happen to anyone... it shouldn't stop people from attending these events.

I for one enjoy going on these cruises, it's a great way to enjoy your car and meet people with similar interests and have a fun day out.

It's not meant to be a race. That's what track days are for. But accidents can happen to anyone... it shouldn't stop people from attending these events.

i agree

and i think its not a race also, its a cruise

some of those with neo 6's have a fairly heavy foot when behind others...

Yes, if it was just a cruise, i would agree with you there whole heartedly.

But in reality, you cant sit there and say that.

And it should indeed discourage responsible people from going judging by the stupid actions of some people

There is video evidence of people getting crossed up out of service stations on two separate cruises (they were organised here)

Now there is someone who's ended up totalling thier car... people admitting to tailgating others.... (that was organised here)

All things which simply do not happen on a 'cruise', it sounds more like a illegal road race than anything else.

So hence my post stands. Behave or bugger off.

agreed. accidents can happen to anyone

God and i actually wanted to go on one of these, guess im not going to considering some crap seems to happen every time.

Accidents happen everyday, and more often than not people have themselves to blame for them. If i let every indicent that ever happened to someboday in a car, or more specificly a skyline, change the way 'I' think, then I would never want to do a track day, never want to go to the strip and never want to go on a cruise. Hell i should probably stay away from intersections... Myself like Dillon have been on the last two and have enjoyed them thoroughly. It's up to yourself (i.e the driver) to make decisions on how you will behave. I am not condoning any illegal behaviour, and am not suprised that accidents do happen, however i always have a good day and enjoy talking to others about thier cars.

its not just the accident though, people have clearly posted that they were tailgated on this so called cruise which is illegal behaviour anyway

take away thew accident you still have people acting like tools, when it was just ment to be a cruise

There is video evidence of people getting crossed up out of service stations on two separate cruises (they were organised here)

Now there is someone who's ended up totalling thier car... people admitting to tailgating others.... (that was organised here)

All things which simply do not happen on a 'cruise', it sounds more like a illegal road race than anything else.

This may all be true. And, yes it does not look good for the club. However, I do not think the finger should be pointed at everyone who attends these cruises and furthermore blanket the entire cruise as an illegal road race. I wonder how many people in this club have lost thier licences in the past, I know i have, and consequently drive much more sensibly because of it. Likewise i think a lot of people will learn from this, and perhaps unfortunately it takes something like this to happen to get the message across. I like many other have enjoyed myself in a safe manner, and feel it's a shame that others will be detered and frown upon such events. I am definately looking forward to the official GOR cruise to see what thats all about.

its not just the accident though, people have clearly posted that they were tailgated on this so called cruise which is illegal behaviour anyway

take away thew accident you still have people acting like tools, when it was just ment to be a cruise

This is true, but that was a select few and not everyone. you yourself were on the one before this - I just feel the whole event should not be branded as a blantant disrespect for the club and road rules. anyways I'm over this - this sucks

This is true, but that was a select few and not everyone. you yourself were on the one before this - I just feel the whole event should not be branded as a blantant disrespect for the club and road rules. anyways I'm over this - this sucks

+1

Truer words have not been spoken. It sucks!

yeh but its the select few that give the whole club a bad name normally

i was on the last one, and thats been my last unofficial cruise since

and that was fairly well behaved, since then there was the sorrento cruise and this one

and i was on neither of them

This may all be true. And, yes it does not look good for the club. However, I do not think the finger should be pointed at everyone who attends these cruises and furthermore blanket the entire cruise as an illegal road race. I wonder how many people in this club have lost thier licences in the past, I know i have, and consequently drive much more sensibly because of it. Likewise i think a lot of people will learn from this, and perhaps unfortunately it takes something like this to happen to get the message across. I like many other have enjoyed myself in a safe manner, and feel it's a shame that others will be detered and frown upon such events. I am definately looking forward to the official GOR cruise to see what thats all about.

It does not look good for the forum. That is where i am coming from - Admin.

The clubs position is clear, has been since day one.

Its now at a point where the stupidity of users will result in harsh crackdowns.

Its upto the people in question (and you know damn well who you are) to either behave, or go elsewhere.

Otherwise it will be destroyed for everyone by the people who are too stupid to learn, and that's not fair on the greater populous.

The finger is clearly being pointed at anyone who was there and was behaving in a retarded/illegal manner, also those who just let it happen without saying a word. 3 strikes, 3 cruises. Call them 'accidents' or whatever, but getting 4 cars in a row 45degree's sideways out of a driveway is purely deliberate action by the driver.

The SAU official cruise is sensational. Has been since '04. Great sights, relaxed drive and a few beers/BBQ on the Sat night :yes: