SAU Community

Rpm Goes Nuts While Driving

6BANGER

Recently had my Spark Plugs changed and since then, the RPM needle sometimes plays up and down randomly. It either keeps going to 1000 and back to 3000 very quickly or it just sits at 1000 RPM regardless of speed. Any Ideas what this could be? This problems happens randomly

Also Does anyone know where a good Wheel Alignment shop? I took the car drifting and went over a hole with the FR wheel doing about 30-40KM. Sometimes when I turn, I hear a slight click sound coming from that side??

Recently had my Spark Plugs changed and since then, the RPM needle sometimes plays up and down randomly. It either keeps going to 1000 and back to 3000 very quickly or it just sits at 1000 RPM regardless of speed. Any Ideas what this could be? This problems happens randomly

Answer: its a Nissan lol

had the same problem with my 180sx and i've heard heaps of other guys having similar problems with the electrics in their Nissan sports cars (especially with the dash gauges). My RPM needle started to go, then the tripometer died and finally the speedometer started skipping aswell... was considering havin a auto electrician look at it but instead i decided itd probably be cheaper to buy an Apexi RSM which accurately reads all those functions and has the added bonus of looking awesome :)

oh god dont everyone recomend brad hes already got a bighead no need to encorage him

on a lighter note pm rdirty3 hes tops for suspension and such lol

on the gauge thing take it back and ask questions if its a good mechanic they will have a look no charge if not go somewhere else next time

• 2 weeks later...
oh god dont everyone recomend brad hes already got a bighead no need to encorage him

on a lighter note pm rdirty3 hes tops for suspension and such lol

on the gauge thing take it back and ask questions if its a good mechanic they will have a look no charge if not go somewhere else next time

99.999% of weird, un-expected outcomes after doing "electrical things" to low voltage systems is related to emi/earthing.

Cheers GW

PS: Sean, at Wilkinson Suspension.

Edited by 260tech