SAU Community

anyone do competition..

Guest purple_reign

Guest purple_reign

hi, just wondering if anyone here does stereo comps in their R32's etc.?

if so what sort of set-up do you have in the front end? and do you get good imaging?

thank's.. :D

ive done a few not real big comps in my 33, got a good set of 6 1/2 inch splits in he front, and 6 by 9's on the rear shelf that will soon be traded for some good 6 inch speakers all run by an overly big amp, the imaging is great, i am soon to buy another set of splits for the front doors and make some custom pods and up grade the bass side of things, and a crossover will also be used when i do this. Its entered in a sound off in two weeks but im not expecting to place as its more an sq set up. I am also enterd in an SQ comp in about 4 weeks, ill u all know how i go.

Guest purple_reign

yeah, it has 6 1/2" splits in the front, no rear fill dont need it. 2 15" in the boot.

it has unreal clarity, tonal balance and sound stage etc. but that chick in the image projection track can be rather FAT at times... :lol: (scored well last show, i spent longer tuneing it this time).

got 2/ 1st and 1/ 2nd out of the three SQ comps it has been in so far though.

like to hear about everyone elses system/set-up etc.

congrats dude the rear speakers in mine help heaps especialy when im using original (not burnt) cd's, i got alpine type r 6 by 9's rear that have an external crossover, awesome speakers.

oh yeah just thought id mention my subs are type s 12's in my avatar, but im looking to change to either 2 15's or three type r 12's, im leaning more towards the 3 12's just need a bit more cash.

I'm currently installing a system I hope will be S.Q. competition standard when finished. I don't know if I'll compete because there don't seem to be any comps near where I live and I don't get the time to travel.

I'd like to hear peoples ideas on how different speaker locations sound in the R32 as I haven't decided what to use for F.S.

im in the process of installing mine so yer im up for competition once its in, im puttin in

2 alpine type r 12'' subs

2 pioneer 760w amps,

1 jaycar 4x100wrms amp,

kenwood 300w 6x9''s,

apline 160w 6'' splits.

so hopefully that will be good to start with but if not i can always progress up the lader and upgrade.

cheers...

Guest purple_reign

if you want save some $$ you dont need rear fill (6x9's) if you are going for sound qaulity competitions. depends how you tune it, but rear fill other than your subs will stuff up your imageing and sound stage points.

make sure you take some pics dude. judges like a detailed intall portfilio, specially showing the things that you cant see..

Guest purple_reign
Originally posted by hippy

i'd miss them pioneer amps ... much underrated .. unless u get it for real cheap ... but yeah i'd go for something else ..

if it where me, i would go all Pioneer...

but we all have our own opinion on what brand is best.. :)