SAU Community

R34 Interior Question

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyother r34 owners out there have noticed a simular thing.

In the center of the dash were the air vents are, stereo and the plastic bottom section that the gearboot is clipped is the main area of concern. It got a grey paint from factory, which is also used on the window switch panel, and i've noticed during a hot day, these panels start to get sticky, kinda like the paint is softening, and if you scratch at it with your finger nails it comes off quite easily. When its cold, its fine. I just wasnt sure if its a common problem, but if it is, is there a special paint code that anyone knows cause i'd like to repaint it.

Also, the whole centre section of my dash (vents, stereo and gearboot peices) are all the same grey colour, but i've noticed with some r34's that they have the same colour for the vents as mine, but their plastic peice for the stereo and gearboot and a much lighter grey (i have seen this in the r34 gtr's aswell), just wondering who has what colour scheme.

Sorry about the ramdom post, but its something thats been getting at me haha

cheers

Edited by R34GTFOUR

Hey mate

Yeah its dodge.. Do yourself a favour.. Buy a litre of metho.. Pour it in a bucket.. dump your parts in them and bath them in the shit .. wash them until clean and hit the plastic with a nice sand in 400 then 1200 then 1500 sand paper..

Get your self some auto spray paint (colour of choice) and also a couple of clears .. dont forget to get the door handle bits in the car too btw.. spray them in colour, sand back with 2000grit spray again and then sand spray again and sand back with water +2000grit and then hammer it with clear.. thicker it goes on shinier it looks .. just dont spray to heavy .. between coats sand with alot of water and 2000 grit .. then hit it again 3 coats of clear should be right apply more for shiny coats.

enjoy

btw a section was done on this .. however I did mine way before it .. and also its in the cometic area of the forums

For the colour skeme .. its comes stock with gtr and gtv or 4 door r34s :banana:

Edited by DECIM8