SAU Community

Duke Aint Dead Baby!

MADGT4

Recent update...

In a nutshell one of the head guys @ 3DRealms was interviewed by a regular old news paper and being used to speaking to gaming magazines and being tight lipped and not letting anything slip...

Well he slipped...

It was basically said that Duke will be coming to PC, 360 and PS3 this year...

Another quote in a different interview recently said that all that is happening at the moment is "touch up's" as such... Which means if its only touch up's... Finger crossed they dont decided to scrap the whole thing and start again.

Edited by MADGT4

• 2 years later...

you are right partially though Syfon, Gearbox have bought the IP to the game, and Tryptych Games, which is made up of a bunch of the ex 3DRealms devs is doing most of the final development.

I knew that duke was still alive :D

hopefully George Broussard goes bankrupt too, arrogant, mac using f**kwit.

I remember hearing that 3drealms had cancelled the project due to no more funds... Now I hear they're working on it again. I would love to see it come out next year, but in case anyone has forgotten, a few years ago when the game was supposed to come out, the PC cases were on the shelves displaying that it was soon to be released... it never was...........

So hopefully THIS FREAKIN TIME it's gonna come out. And I wanna see awesome 3d boobs, maximum gore and of course, hear some really REALLY cool new quotes (and old ones too).

SHAKE IT, BABY!!!

it was never in fact cancelled, popular media misconception :action-smiley-069:

True that. Probably because it switched companies. I remember jumping on the 3drealms site and seeing in massive writing, "Goodbye Duke Nukem". I thought DAMN IT!!!!! All this time waiting for it to come out...

The expectations are a F**KING LOT MORE than Gran Turismo 5, that's for sure... 12 years in the making is it??? Sure, they have their reasons, such as restarting it a million times but C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

problem is with 12years, all the updating/recoding that needs to go on.

But at least they have a good idea of what they want :action-smiley-069:

It had better be epic, and it had better be filled with more cheesy lines than a 80s action movie or im gonna be annoyed!

Well thankfully, history shows that none of the older duke nukem games were disappointing... except for the ones on the ol' N64; Duke Nukem 64 and Zero Hour. They were terrible, plus at the time Nintendo didn't allow anything overly sexual (such as pixelated boobies) on their systems. This being said though, my favourite out of ALL the DN games was not DN3D on the PC, but was in fact "Time to Kill" on the PSX :thumbsup:

Have a quick look at the totally AWESOME intro; which, out of every single game I've played is also my favourite intro of all time...

Apologies for going a bit off topic.

yUUrP.png

Just looking at that makes you wanna punch someone in the face. October 2001 and STILL waiting.........................................................................