SAU Community

Anyone has had any success fighting red light Infringemet?

Guys,

Need help on fighting this as license is on the line. I ran a yellow at around 12:30am and got pulled over by the cops. Did a breath test and then checked my license and said i will be receiving a red light infringement in the mail. Didnt issue me any on the spot ticket. Does this sound familiar, will i be able to fight this?.... thanks for any help in advance.

From my experiences, when cops say "in the mail", it means "im trying to be hard and start u up"...Ive never heard of any1 having heard that, then receiving something in the mail, though don't rely on that :D

Brody - yes that was what i wanted to hear

Morg - that wastnt what i wanted to hear :)

Predator666 - it really depends on what the cops think you ran... u know you ran an orange which is ok but i think she was on a powertrip that night and booked me ..... as soon as she booked me she speed up to book another person straight away....

The question is has anyone successfully fought this in the courts ... need some tips... there was no red light camera ... she was turning right when i went passed her ... so its going to be her say against my say ... and i have a feeling that its not going to go my own....

i guess i will need to cop it sweet.

as far as I've always been aware - orange means STOP !

I remember this, from way back at school when we had cops come in and teach us the road rules :D

obviously, if it turns orange and you don't have time to stop, you don't have to try to skid to a stop, but as far as the "rules" go....orange means stop and you should (if you can).

So, I think she would be in her rights to book you for it if she really wanted to (harsh call tho!!)

As for a fine "in the mail"....I've been booked and it arrived in my letterbox. Personally by a patrol car too, cos there was no stamp or mailing stuff on it :D

Shell - Your correct according to the RULES. However how many people do you see on a daily basis run whenever the padestrian strip when the man starts flashing..... :D

Jamezilla - dont quite follow you there..... please explain

GraemeWi - Good point.

Wonder if my chances are better if i plead "delusional at time of driving" as i mis-took them from the christmas lights at the drags so i ran :D

I h8 red light fines... I went through an amber and got booked for running a red 4 seconds after red (fcuking cops :D ) $170 fine and 3 points. Point is your chances of a sucessful fight are not too great espescially if there is no photo (you said a cop pulled you over). It would be the cop's word against yours...

Guest INASNT

i heard that a sneeze may get u off a fine like this coz when u sneeze ur eyes automatically close so u could not have seen the light turn orange. Just get a bogus medical certificate saying u got the flu and u should have some stuff to fight it!

in SA to get done by a camera its 4 seconds orange, about 0.5 second red, click, 1 second, click again and they have the speed you're doing plus two photos to prove you ran the light. getting done by a cop though i dunno

i've ran a red in front of a cop once ... i was in 2 minds whether to stop or not so it was tooo late to stop by the time i made up my mind LOL .. the cop was to the right and behind me ... they stopped and i just went on my merry way ... i think they would of seen me in 2 minds whether to stop or not ... nothing happened luckily :P

Jamezilla - no havnt seen it yet. Any good?

INASNT - Sound like a plan....a good one too. thanks.

darkhalf - definately a scientifically better proven method like that of CSI. For all i know she could have been daydreaming and then saw the tail lights of my liner, looked up and saw that its red, thought to herself he seemed to be going pretty fast thus must have ran the red sarcasm

hippy - u are so lucky.

I guess my next question is if the worst was suppose to happen would you

a) lose your license and serve the 3 month suspension

B) keep your license and go on a good behaviour bond for 12 months and drive like a grandma sunday driver.

c) lose your license and still keep on driving only for emergency ofcourse....oh did i say that :P.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by gizmo

Jamezilla - no havnt seen it yet. Any good?  

INASNT - Sound like a plan....a good one too. thanks.

darkhalf - definately a scientifically better proven method like that of CSI. For all i know she could have been daydreaming and then saw the tail lights of my liner, looked up and saw that its red, thought to herself he seemed to be going pretty fast thus must have ran the red sarcasm  

hippy - u are so lucky.

I guess my next question is if the worst was suppose to happen would you

a) lose your license and serve the 3 month suspension

B) keep your license and go on a good behaviour bond for 12 months and drive like a grandma sunday driver.

c) lose your license and still keep on driving only for emergency ofcourse....oh did i say that :P.

b and d, *** the cops!

when u sneeze ur eyes automatically close, its a scientific fact, use it man!

Guest Boxhead

yeh im with shell, ive been told in qld now you can be done for going through a yellow.. unless it wasnt safe to stop

inanst is also correct with sneezing, it is physically impossible to keep your eyes open when sneezing, it can be used as an excuse.....

Guest trancified
Originally posted by hippy

i've ran a red in front of a cop once ... i was in 2 minds whether to stop or not so it was tooo late to stop by the time i made up my mind LOL .. the cop was to the right and behind me ... they stopped and i just went on my merry way ... i think they would of seen me in 2 minds whether to stop or not ... nothing happened luckily  :D

haha that happened to me one time, the light just turned red and i sped through it, when i went past i saw a cop on my left hand side.....i thought o shit their gonna book me. But luckly they didn't, didn't know whether they knew it was red, but their light turned really quickly after.