SAU Community

How do i make my R32 faster?

I think the first question you need to ask yourself is: why did you buy the car???

drag racing? circuit racing? show car? dyno queen? daily driver with a little bit of poke?

in what way do you want it to "go faster"?? straight line? round a circuit?? top speed??

then do mods to suit your purpose

you're modification path will be VERY different for different purposes. The first thing I think you should spend your money on is yourself.. get out on the track or drag strip or skid pan and learn to drive your car to it's potential, learn to drive it as fast as it'll go. To give you an example, 2 different people I know did the 1/4 mile in the EXACT SAME CAR and did times 2 seconds apart. Now if that doesn't open your eyes to how important the driver is then nothign will.

I wouldn't mod my car just for the sake of it.... what a waste of money!

I think the first question you need to ask yourself is: why did you buy the car???

drag racing? circuit racing? show car? dyno queen? daily driver with a little bit of poke?

in what way do you want it to "go faster"?? straight line? round a circuit?? top speed??

then do mods to suit your purpose

you're modification path will be VERY different for different purposes. The first thing I think you should spend your money on is yourself.. get out on the track or drag strip or skid pan and learn to drive your car to it's potential, learn to drive it as fast as it'll go. To give you an example, 2 different people I know did the 1/4 mile in the EXACT SAME CAR and did times 2 seconds apart. Now if that doesn't open your eyes to how important the driver is then nothign will.

I wouldn't mod my car just for the sake of it.... what a waste of money!

I agree entirely, my car was stock as a rock when i got it, and its taken two years to get it to where it is now, modify it as your driving experience grows and how well you know your cars charachter develops. My car is like my glove now, i can make it do anything i want just about, 2 and a half years competing in one car is good like that. The mods i posted up are for a "all round" car, good on the track, as good as a GTS-t without race slicks/ suspension will be on a drag strip, and its still full street driveable with no problems. Its a safe set up, that wont blow the thing up and has it running nice and efficeint.

Alot of the prices people are posting up are very expensive, if you try do more work your self its alot less, ie my front mount fitted with piping cost me $400, and you learn alot as well!