SAU Community

How do i make my R32 faster?

Hello everyone I am only new on the forum. I have a grey R32 skyline with a RB20DET manual. It goes ok but like everyone else i would like it to go faster. I would like to do the mods myself but if anyone knows of a good shop where i can go and get some parts from or if anyone can help me out with idea's that would be good. I dont mind spending some money as long as i get results.

Here's what i would be doing if my skyline was stock:

3 inch exhaust from back of turbo

get a bleed valve and put boost up to 11psi

but if you wanna get a bit more serious (power over 180rwkw), then you'll have to part with the stocko turbo...then once you have a decent turbo (at least one from an RB25), then you have a reason to put on a front mount cooler...

Scott.

• 11 months later...
faster??? need new pedals, body kit... big pssshhht bov oh and a five point harness and under car neons.

and don't forget heaps of stickers.

nah but seriously, cold air induction (can be done for almost free, there is a DIY on THE SKY IS THE LIMIT web site) is a great start, also If your car has big flashy rims (especially chromys) take them off sell them and get either some light weight rims or get some stockies!!!, you would be amased at the difference a set of light wheels make!!!!

then the normal stuff; zorst, bleed valve 11-12psi no more, then maybe spend some dollars on handeling, corners are alot more fun than straight road.

to be annyoying I'd say put an SR20 or RB25det in there..

the other thing is, why are you guys telling him to increase the boost to 11psi?

a stock RB20det runs 10psi..

what is 1psi going to do?

I'd say that if you got a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, pod filter or free flowing panel filter in the stock air box with better Cold air ducting to it, you will already be producing 11psi or just a bit more..

then do the stock bov mod where you block up the little bleed hole under it and you will have boost comming on harder and probably see about 12psi on your boost gauge on a cold night.

at that point, get a FMIC and boost controller and push another 2 psi through it until the turbo eventaully dies and then you ca replace it with something decent.

and what have we spend on POWER here?

$600 exhaust

$100 air filter

$1000 intercooler

$100 boost controller

almost $2000 and running about 160-170rwkw.

that should keep you happy for a while.

then do the stock bov mod where you block up the little bleed hole under it and you will have boost comming on harder and probably see about 12psi on your boost gauge on a cold night.

what is this mod??? never heard of it.

most r32's run about 7-8 psi as stock (I am pretty sure but not positive) mine runs a little higher about 3/4 or more up the stock boost gauge but i just figures it had been modded in Japan!

don't trust the stock gauge..

it's not very acurate at all.

A good condition RB20det in stock form should get 10psi.

Do a search on his forum for "stock bov mod" to find pics and details on how to do it.

Bovs ????? lol NEWB!!!!

Um..... like what ever

it was 3 in the morning, did it look like i could be stuffed typing to suit your terms

Newb my ass your like what 15

Your 15 and you think you know everything about cars and giving everyone shit your an annoying little brat now go play with your matchbox cars.

So look you little ebie motherf***er if you aint got nothing nice to say then dont say nothing.

Cheers,

Have a nice nite.

Lads, if your posts aren't contributing to the thread, you're just whoring.

Anyway, R32's do run 10 psi stock. The stock cooler is pretty small, so getting a turbo-back or cat-back (if you're cheap) exhaust and a new 'cooler should give a decent performance boost. CAI or a pod filter is a gimme, and an EBC is probably a good option for the long run.

I would look at some cams, exhaust, power fc

Most people claim (so I hear anyway) the rb20 is laggy once on boost it is OK but until you go past 4000 there isn't much power. The cams, exhaust and ecu change should definetly give it a nice little jump in rwkw for both off and on boost. Something to consider

This is true. boost feels harder as you are not leaking boost at all..

For drag racing it is good. But if you wanna take it to track days then you will not have any transsition (spelling) from boost. Can feel very much like surge and is very hard to feather the throttle around corners

I would look at some cams, exhaust, power fc

Most people claim (so I hear anyway) the rb20 is laggy once on boost it is OK but until you go past 4000 there isn't much power.

With just basic mods, the boost comes on pretty early, and quite linearly; which is a good thing, IMO. But it doesn't truly make power until you get it into the mid-high rev range, so cams would probably be a good option. R32 GT-R cams are a popular option.

Here what i have done-

-Tanabe 3.25" Exhaust, turbo back

-Apexi Intake with coldair box/ scoop (can post a pic of set up if wanted)

-Apexi SAFC-II Fuel controller

-R33 RB25DET Turbo (spec1)

-EVO IV Front mount

-450cc Injectors (with link resistor pack)

-IMPUL ECU

-GTR Fuel pump any time now (only thing holding it back)

Along with handling mods. This hasnt cost me HEAPS because alot of the money is in labour, i sourced most parts and fitted my self, i made all the intercooler piping out of modified factory piping, which cost me nothing and you end up with good quality aluminuim piping, also fitted the intercooler/ turbo and air box. Saves Big$$$

This gets you over 200rwkw and a very fast car if you tune it right, obviuosly i didnt do it all at once. I upgraded the exhaust, then SAFC then turbo and cruised around like that for a while, you cant run much boost though till you do the fuel system to handle it, unless you like detonation!

I SMELL SOCK + WIDEBOI 2JZ = sock = WIDEBoi 2JZ.

Mate i don't go around making more than one SAU name, and personally i don't give a shit what you think, i am sock and no other username, so shut up and stop annoying everyone.

Hello everyone I am only new on the forum. I have a grey R32 skyline with a RB20DET manual. It goes ok but like everyone else i would like it to go faster. I would like to do the mods myself but if anyone knows of a good shop where i can go and get some parts from or if anyone can help me out with idea's that would be good. I dont mind spending some money as long as i get results.

Best to start of with a goal of how mch you are willing to spend - if its stock as a rock, I'd do the following

3" exhaust, with a nice big dump pipe - $800

bleed valve set to 1.0bar - $50

FMIC, these can be had really cheap now! - $1000

Bigger fuel pump - $300

Lightweight flywheel and decent clutch - $1000

Maybe a SAFC or re-chip stock ecu - should make around 160-170rwkw - $400

total of $3550

or RB25 turbo and make around 180rwkw add a extra $800 by the time its fitted

This should make for a fast car in a straight line

Add a set of decent shocks and springs, and it will handle better too, add another $1000

Will be very fun to drive with all of the above

Chris