SAU Community

Jobs Up North?

avrahan

hey

im currently looking for a job up north, but dont really know where to start looking...

it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction

like websites or numbers, anything!

cheers

im looking for direction....

im an assistant manager...but looking for more money.

i can get a drilling job, but i want to know what else is available that doesnt really need qualifications

thanks for the reply

A lot of work is done buy contracting companies. So you would either work for a company like BHP who owns the mines, or a company that they contract to do work. To give you an idea, I'm an Engineer working for IMP. At the moment I'm flying in and out of Newman doing commisioning work on one of their projects. This sort of thing doesn't last that long though, because once the project is over, then I stop going.

There are many other opportunities that are more permanent that don't require qualification. Look up a company called Theis. I'm pretty sure thats how they spell it. They always have a lot of people working up there. They are mainly focussed on construction type jobs.

A lot of work is done buy contracting companies. So you would either work for a company like BHP who owns the mines, or a company that they contract to do work. To give you an idea, I'm an Engineer working for IMP. At the moment I'm flying in and out of Newman doing commisioning work on one of their projects. This sort of thing doesn't last that long though, because once the project is over, then I stop going.

There are many other opportunities that are more permanent that don't require qualification. Look up a company called Theis. I'm pretty sure thats how they spell it. They always have a lot of people working up there. They are mainly focussed on construction type jobs.

maybe it is spelt diffrently? couldnt find anything on "theis" :P

customer walked in the other day, told him im bored of this job....he said come work at the mines. what are the chances!! lol

i spoke to him for like an hour, he gave me contacts and numbers of ppl he knows.

thanks again for all ya help :cheers:

Some good positions in Jubilee, a mate of mine works for them.. Very flexible from what I've been told..

sorry mate is jubilee the company or the place? have you got any details on them??

cheers >_<

• 3 weeks later...

If you are keen on doing anything or actually have no reservations about working in an inferior job for a year or so, try and get into a lerger company straight away.. Contracting companies are nice, but until you get into the prime company, you'll be behind the 8 ball a bit.. An operator or TA job might seem a bit boring at firs,t but show initiative and you are on your way to getting places.. I did 8.5 years in the NW working for the same company as a contractor and employee, now I am contracitng back to them at consultant rates in Perth, mostly due to my experience in the industry, knowledge of the systems and people and also because I went that extra mile to help out when necessary.. You get extra $$$ for it, but in the end it is noticed by those that count.

before mining companies even look at you, you need your marcstar, this correct?

cheers good info guys

Huh? Im in karratha and never even heard of that. .

Everyone up here is looking for workers. . You dont need a thing to get a job although some things do put you that on step infront of the other guy.

This is what i had to do. . . I got told bout this place and gave them my resume', a few days later i got a call i went in there got the paperwork and they asked for a piss test. So i went down to where they do the tests, then the next day i took the paperwork back to the workplace. A day later i got a call saying that i start work next monday.

Most places its as simple as that, BUT i do have a sheetmetal/boilermaker quallification so that does help (im a boilermaker) obviously lol

If you dont have any expirience then you can just go as a TA . . they still get good pay for not having any quallifications and alot of places are looking for TAs to give the tradies a hand

marcsta's are a bit of a crock, as they call it a worksite induction..

however, and this is why its a load of shit, EVERY mine site, and pretty much every half decent construction site, will do an induction of there own, marcsta is nothing but someone ripping you off needlessly...

don't bother with it, i haven't

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I live in Thangool I cannot buy E85 fuel there or Biloela not many servo's sell it Rockhampton the  Ampol in Gracemere won't even sell 98 , it's hard to own a high performance car in CQ and NQ . 
    • Sounds like a good excuse for a trip to Australia! But yeah, trying it out is probably the best way to go about it. Please report back what you find.
    • Well as I will have both S1 and S2 front parts i will see what works best out of the two. Im not fussed if i need to drill extra holes, and im a big fan of Nutserts/rivet nuts and a nice painted dome head bolt as a way to hold stuff in place where plastic clips have broken and are hard to source new ones
    • Yeah truthfully it seems like the headlight supports for the ALTIA and S2 should be the same, but they aren't. I can only guess that the grill area of the Altia bar is different to the grill area of the S2 bar. Either that or it's due to the S1 bar having an angle up to the center bar that the Altia doesn't, or something. That said, I recently bought an Altia bar myself, and I fit it over the S1 brackets and thought "Yes, this will all work fine" so even as I doubt my own words as I post, I also daresay you'll be okay.
    • Me too. Apparently the new version of Invision will allow some customisation so look forward to a 'Love' reaction and a new 'Like' icon.