SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

What are shipping costs like?

As an example, the creatine I got was $5 more expensive else where but no shipping costs, same for my bulk WPI box, 4.5kg, $5 dearer at aminoz but no shipping cost (or already rolled in).

and you get reward points at Aminoz tp spend on the next purchase, negating the $5 difference in many cases.

EDIT: just saw this - http://www.proteinking.com.au/Delivery-Info

I'm better off else where, may be different for your products though.

You also score bonus junk if that matters at Amino, shakers, tape measures etc, random junk but it's free so who cares.

Edited by ActionDan

For everyone else, given WPC is a fair bit cheaper than WPI, any reason not to consider it if all I'm using it for is post work out to aid in better recovery.

I'm comparing this.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/wpc-flavoured-5kg/WPC05KGF

Which looks great value.

To my current product, which is this.

http://www.dymatize.com/products/protein/88/elite-whey-protein/

And the BN WP is FAR cheaper per KG, though I realise it's less filtered. Will it make that much of a difference?

Edited by ActionDan

Decided to shy away from the branded named proteins, just costing too much. Been giving venom protein a go, Good value just like bulk nutrients. Bang for buck.

For everyone else, given WPC is a fair bit cheaper than WPI, any reason not to consider it if all I'm using it for is post work out to aid in better recovery.

I'm comparing this.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/wpc-flavoured-5kg/WPC05KGF

Which looks great value.

To my current product, which is this.

http://www.dymatize.com/products/protein/88/elite-whey-protein/

And the BN WP is FAR cheaper per KG, though I realise it's less filtered. Will it make that much of a difference?

The BN WPC is not that great. Average tast aside it did not mix very well and I hated the lumps when drinking. The WPI is much better with a better taste and mix ability. It's a US WPI but not as good as the original NZ stuff.

I imagine the Dymatise you use tastes pretty good (most big brand commercial ones do) so the BN WPC might take some getting used to.

But above all, the profile of the BN product is very good and the price hard to beat so up to you what's more important.

Edited by SRS13

Yeah the Dymatize products do taste good and mix well.

How were you mixing the BN and with what? I've got a few different shakers with different inserts that have different levels of mixing power so to speak. I also find some mix better with milk than water or vice versa.

I guess the question is just as much about WPC vs WPI as it is about those two specific products so if there's another WPC that's worth considering let me know as the WPC is a lot cheaper on average.

Sorry for any typos, typing on the phone with cold fingers while walking the dog.

Aren't they really all more or less the same shit anyway? haha

On days I'm just not feeling it thanks to a long day at work and/or a shithouse sleep the night previous, I've got myself a tub of Buzz which I'll have a scoop of as well as emptying 2x 25mg DMAA caps into the mix. Does exactly what I need it to by simply helping me focus on actually doing my workout rather than sitting there like a zombie procrastinating.

My 2c

Also inb4 pre-workout haters.

Anyone know a good preworkout/weight loss

Was using dexipane but that changed the formula and now it is crap. What are you guys using?

For weightloss I use 2 products..

1 is called Squats.

and the other is called not eating too much.

I tried some Craze once and I will not deny it worked as expected, but the buzz is very unnatural and lasted well beyond the session (and that was only a half scoop) I didn't get to slepe until 2...

I just have a banana instead.

Yeah some pre-workout formulas are based way too strongly on a massive stimulant rush, which while it will make you feel a million bucks during your workout, will generally leave you feeling really mentally fried for hours after, while still ensuring you're not getting to sleep no matter how dead you are :P I love these ones, though unfortunately they will generally perpetuate the problem and subsequent need for the same supplement every day :(

Yeah the Dymatize products do taste good and mix well.

How were you mixing the BN and with what? I've got a few different shakers with different inserts that have different levels of mixing power so to speak. I also find some mix better with milk than water or vice versa.

I guess the question is just as much about WPC vs WPI as it is about those two specific products so if there's another WPC that's worth considering let me know as the WPC is a lot cheaper on average.

Sorry for any typos, typing on the phone with cold fingers while walking the dog.

In a normal shaker with water. The shaker had that little steel ball - the wpc needed a lot more mixing time than the wpi.

Aren't they really all more or less the same shit anyway? hahaOn days I'm just not feeling it thanks to a long day at work and/or a shithouse sleep the night previous, I've got myself a tub of Buzz which I'll have a scoop of as well as emptying 2x 25mg DMAA caps into the mix. Does exactly what I need it to by simply helping me focus on actually doing my workout rather than sitting there like a zombie procrastinating. My 2cAlso inb4 pre-workout haters.

Where are you getting the dmaa caps from?

Yeah I've got one of those, and another one with a star shaped insert at the top, they both mix very differently and I found water/milk was also a factor.

I'll probably try it I run out of this, I'm not competitive lifter so if I can get all the protein with a touch more fat and a few more chunks for a stack less it could be a good thing.

Looking forward to all my new junk arriving.

Where are you getting the dmaa caps from?

Bought a bottle of 120 25mg caps nice n cheap the day after they were made illegal for sale. Can't necessarily attribute any increase in focus directly to the DMAA, though it does at the very least give a MASSIVE placebo effect that I can attribute much more productive/time efficient sessions to.

For weightloss I use 2 products..

1 is called Squats.

and the other is called not eating too much.

Cool story bro.

Both i do, Very well, Diet is very clean, and gym work well two times a day 5 days a week min. but sometimes you hit a wall as such and you dont gain or loose any more body fat.

Hydroycut pro was what i used before but yeah as always something in it gets banned they change recipe same case with this. Now trying to find the next decent thing.

Just received my foam roller, it's huge.

I think I underestimated the 15cm diameter.

Hopefully it's not "too" big so to speak in that I can't target my back spots properly but I guess that's just learning to use it.

This is the one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350586113300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649