SAU Community

Nsw State Super Sprints 08

aza

Cheers..

i see it as the more practice and experience i get the faster i am getting... the car has only the mildest of modifications, and i don't want to go any further until i make use of the full capability's of my car :)

The best mod by far is driver training and practice...

Would be great to c you come down to a few events or even register for the series next year :P

Dave, so very true mate!!

Ive got a practice GP day in June with a few pro drivers and John Boston etc

Next year - we'll see how the budget goes! lol

I may even do a round or 2 here and there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dave,

Is that you on the latest ignition dvd at OP that came out with twoogle on the cover??

Ummm, im not 100% which edition it is but i was in a Ignition DVD feature at Oran Park GP (my car had my old stale orange rims on)

Dave, so very true mate!!

Ive got a practice GP day in June with a few pro drivers and John Boston etc

Next year - we'll see how the budget goes! lol

I may even do a round or 2 here and there!

the practice day will be a awesome experience! make sure you let them take a spin of your car :) i know i let Ian Luff (he raced Type R's in IPRA) take my car for a spin and he did a 1:25 in my car at the GP circuit and i cut my time down from high 26's to high-mid 24's... as for doing SS events, that would be great ! they are also not so badly priced when you look at it considering there held in a professional manner and are timed as well!

Edited by Dave R

Ummm, im not 100% which edition it is but i was in a Ignition DVD feature at Oran Park GP (my car had my old stale orange rims on)

I might be wrong, It's in the ignition dvd that came with HPI with Twoogle on the front..

The guy name was Dave and had a white integra :(

Dave - its the latest dvd Jess is talking about!

It was OP south!

Oh, yeah the more practice is always worth it! Im lookign forward to this day, but yeah - need a few more practice days then I'll get out to more ss!!

It was OP south!

Oh, yeah the more practice is always worth it! Im lookign forward to this day, but yeah - need a few more practice days then I'll get out to more ss!!

lol oh yer it was oran park south :P meh, im getting to old for this stuff :) (hahah only turning 20 this yr ROFL)

It was OP south!

Yep the lastest one :D

Dave was with another integra going around the track , was some good footage if it was Dave :laugh:

haha sif old!

p.s who runs these state super sprints?

Do you guys just post up entry forms and sup regs in here a month out from the next event?

Dave - good work mate :laugh: yeah your car is very minimal mods, cant belive how quick it is!

Jess - its the CAMS state sprints!

Thanks Weevil, Will check out there site

yeah all clubs are welcome to state supersprints. you can register for the whole series and they send the forms out, or just contact the individual clubs. but if you dont register they wont guarantee entry spots

Yep the lastest one :D

Dave was with another integra going around the track , was some good footage if it was Dave :blink:

haha sif old!

p.s who runs these state super sprints?

Do you guys just post up entry forms and sup regs in here a month out from the next event?

It is held by cams as stated above, i always try to post up the Sup regs and entry forms as often as i can...

and yer it was me :P haha, i have a mate who woks/worked for ignition (well i became mates via doing the ignitoin feature)

Dave - good work mate :) yeah your car is very minimal mods, cant belive how quick it is!

Jess - its the CAMS state sprints!

haha, yer i am very happy with the car... considering it only got basic bolt on mods it is a fast car, my aim is to crack 1:10s in it how it is atm and ill be happy, im only a few seconds of the IPRA Type R's :D

Well Oran Park was an interesting Sunday to say the least.

1st session I had to bed discs and pads in so all that went very well. Seems Duncan and I did a great job,,,I was mindful to adjust the brake bias lots to the rear so they bedded in as well. 2nd session I just made sure everything was working properly which it was,,,but getting the brake bias back to where I wanted it took almost all the session. Thats okay as we still had 3 sessions to go and I'm always faster as the day goes on.

Sitting at pre-grid,,,thinking this session I'm going to have a real big dig at my class record (only 3 tens off) I'm pysched,,,ignoring all around me and driving every part of the track in my head.

Yah right pulls out on the track and the bloody heavens open up big time. Great I'm on cold slicks the cars undrivable and it's all over,,,pulls into the garage pisses off. Duncans laughing to me.

What to do now the days rooted. Most of the cars are now on trailers going home. Stuff that,,,mercy dash by my amazing pit man to Narelan for a new rain light because mine not working. Wets on and out I go for some wet practice. I now find myself in a situation I've never been in,,,sure I've raced bikes in the wet but not a 400 kilo car on wets with tons of horsepower. Everytime I get on the throttle it wants to swap ends. Oh and I'm forgetting my visor is now fogged and can't see a bloody thing. I resort to flipping it up between slides and a quickly wiping with the back of my hand. Only on the last lap I mistakenly don't close the visor completely and to my amazement I now have a clear view.

4th session and I'm up straight away so I now have some warmth in the tyres,,,not much but some. It's still pissing down but now I can see,,,I'm much more in control and am shocked at how much grip warm wets have on a soaking wet track actually have. Sure I can still swap ends but it's now fun. I have no bad moments and did my quickest wet lap.

I really should have gone out again for more but I was getting cocky and knew i would hit something so I smartly parked it.

Extra Special thanks have to go to Mel for all her work(breakfast and lunch) and to Duncan for looking after me and the car. I could not have done it without the pair of you.

Nice to meet you Dave and Brian same to you buddy and thanks for the pics of the Radical

Neil.

Yea buddy GP track,,,natsoft has me at 1.43.99. I'm stoked with that.

Jason,,,you should see the other side of Duncan,,,he takes over and won't let me work on the car.

I'm thinking of giving him a list and sit back and watch.

Oh then again I will be punished sooner or later.

Neil.

Was a average day :)

only got 12 or so dry laps! Grrr, was getting my lines perfect! and then it started to piss down:(

only managed a 1:25! so pissed off, i could of cracked my pb and done a 23 or even possibly a 22!!!! dammit, luckily i got festival of sports cars on the 14th and 15th to try accomplish these times, and then wakie next month for round 5! hopefully if i crack 1:10s at wakie i will go ahead and open up my motor :D

• 2 months later...

Eastern Creek this Sunday,,,anybody entered?. Sounds like the weather report is for no rain and a little warmth,,,so I might actually get some quick times in. I did a lowly 1.49 last time and ended up 11th so I need to improve big time.

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil you seem to be killing it!

Dave - well done on your times also!

I notice there is a day/nighter coming up?

Whats the go with this event for the state sprint round?

As its on a saturday Im keen to go and come last :P

Neil you seem to be killing it!

Dave - well done on your times also!

I notice there is a day/nighter coming up?

Whats the go with this event for the state sprint round?

As its on a saturday Im keen to go and come last :)

Oh I would like to know about day night super sprint also :thumbsup:

Sif come last!! :)

Chris,,,I'm a dickhead,,,I forgot all about you mate. Last Saturday would have been perfect for you as we did O/park GP and thought shit Chris could have done this round.

I'm having a bloody ball,,,the cars still quicker than me but the gap is closing. I still can't get all the tin-top driving style out of my head. I brake way to early,,,accelerate way to late and my mid corner speed is just plain old crap. Having said that I broke the my class record last weekend,,,funny I beat Dennis the previous owner of the car. He did a 1.19.07 in 2006 and I did a 1.18.63.

I have sup regs for the next round at O/Park south on the 14th Sept but not the day/nighter yet. I will post up when I have them.

Jess could please please please ask Dave about my windscreen I need it desperately. My head is getting bounced around like a pin-ball with out it.

Sorry but Skylines NEVER EVER come last.

Neil.