SAU Community

Where To Learn Boxing?

Fujiwara

Thinking of starting boxing once i get off shift work.

I've been to the gym before but i wanna try something different.

I've tried searching on google, but all it comes up with are places that are in the city, or Fitness First.

Does anyone know of a good place to go and train?

I don't have ambitions to become an amateur/professional boxer.

I want to do it to keep in shape and look after myself.

Cheers

I see you live in Carlingford. There's a boxing club in Baulkham Hills i used to go to:

Castle Hill Boxing Club, Unit 9, Masonic Schools, Seven Hills Rd. Baulkham Hills, Ph: (02) 9634 5517

Thanks for that mate.

I'll give them a call and c how it goes

As for Cronulla...NAH, i'll leave that to the...erm.,..whatever

If you're interested in kickboxing, Maquarie Kickboxing is a really REALLY good club

They cater for beginners to amateur (sp?) fighters.

They teach discipline... not just how to punch.

OSU!

All You Need Is Punching Shit Bruz... :)

Punchin is for poofs. Kicking is where its at. I really should start Tae Kwon Do again... :D

Though come to think of it... where is this "Maquarie Kickboxing" located Liz? Kickboxing has always intrigued me, probably because I always think of it as Tae Kwon Do on ROIDS... :)

Punchin is for poofs. Kicking is where its at. I really should start Tae Kwon Do again... :D

Though come to think of it... where is this "Maquarie Kickboxing" located Liz? Kickboxing has always intrigued me, probably because I always think of it as Tae Kwon Do on ROIDS... ;)

There is a boxing centre in Kernel that my mate runs. PM me for the details.

Thinking of starting boxing once i get off shift work.

I've been to the gym before but i wanna try something different.

I've tried searching on google, but all it comes up with are places that are in the city, or Fitness First.

Does anyone know of a good place to go and train?

I don't have ambitions to become an amateur/professional boxer.

I want to do it to keep in shape and look after myself.

Cheers

Same thing happened to me when i googled ninjutsu, three in the city. I found 1 in canturbury though which is a little closer. Ilike ninjutsu much better than boxing. PM me for contact details if interested.

Edited by NRV155

Having done boxing and some other forms of martial arts, i'd have to say the best i've done, and still do is Krav Maga. The weakness with those other forms of fighting is that they are bound by rules. Also there is no zen, enter the dragon bullshit in Krav Maga.

Krav is raw, use what you've got, fight as dirty as you need to, hits to the balls, hammer punched to the back of the neck.... et al, to win and get out.

Even if you never need to throw a punch in a threatened state, it's an awesome weekly cardio workout.

see my sig for a better explanation of Krav Maga