SAU Community

Garages Taking Apprentices?

Stage2

Hi guys, well i've decided to drop my current job and get into the automotive industry and so here i am seeking a workshop looking for an apprenticeship.

I have so far applied at hyperdrive and xspeed with no current luck but i would like to find an apprenticeship with a garage that obviously works with imports.

Anyone know of any workshops that might be looking for an apprentice?

Thanks Guys

mmm when i started my apprenticeship i found that import and peformance places arent really interested in some1 new to the trade, i found it easier to go through a dealrship, i was first offered an apprenticeship with holden after i left the i had job offers from mazda and another holden dealership, i recently left metro motors holden in morley and i believe there stil looking for a new appretnice

i have currently put my aprenticeship on hold, i have completed to hole years and have 1.5 lest, when i started, a mechanic apprenticeship was 4years but then got nocked down to 3.5years, however if you was to start an apreticeship now i believe it has been knocked down to 3years

Yeh dealership ftw, new, clean cars, lots of people, lots of parts at hand, I couldn't imagine working at a small workshop now, I'd done work experience at a couple before, everything is just so much easier at a dealership.

Some of the bigger ones have dedicated workshop cleaners, so you dont' even have to do any cleaning up BS in your first year, mine didn't have a cleaner though :blink:

Maybe you should apply at M.I.T.A. They generally get u a job pretty quickly. I finnish my apprenticeship in 4 weeks with them, bring it on :(

It's nice that they can find you the job, and can find you another if you get fired/don't get along etc, I think it's worth getting it yourself (you can still be sent to MITA to do your training, I did) around 30-40% of people in my classes weren't MITA employed, and didn't hae to f**k around with all the BS you have to with MITA (MITA pays YOU, from money they get from the employer, take their cut, and you have to organise your holidays through them etc).

A mate is a 4th year MITA employed, he's on $14.60 and hr, I'm on $19 and not MITA employed....

Took the day off today so i will be heading down to wangara. Going to try the stretch of dealerships there hopefully a good reply from northside nissan!! :D although i doubt the service manager will be there today as it is an saturday.

yer mates a 3rd year at nissan reckons its saweeet. hes killin it too. n they always lookin for apps.

Which nissan is this? I trying to go with nissan but i cant afford to be to picky at this stage!!