SAU Community

Insurance?

wiggle

lmao, wheni had my 33, i rang RAC, heard from a few mates they were good, i got my finance through them so i figured why not get them to insure it... so i call them up, start the application, then she asks what car is it, I WAS F*$KING GOBSMACKED!!... sorry we dont insure skylines! So they would give me the money for the car, but not insure their own investment... what a bunch of tools

Anyways, now i go through HBF, hate the god damn hold music but they have givin me the best prices, for my 33 it was $1600 a year and $200 excess.. now with the 34 its $1700 and $250 excess!!

I dont know if its just me but it seems insurance companies give out different quotes all the time... i guess some of us just get lucky whereas some just get rooted up the ass!!...lol so good luck eh!

haha yeah same thing happened to me man. It's quite stupid. But at least they gave me 9.75% interest rate can't beat that. =]

Now I just have to put up with being raped by Just Car in insurance. Is it true that if you modify your car, no matter what it is, without telling them, it voids the insurance?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We allow for unlimited modifications and/or accessories as long as they’re legal, roadworthy, you’ve told us about them and we have agreed to cover them in writing. It is important to note that adding modifications and/or accessories to your car can change the excess and/or the premium on your policy. Please be aware that some modifications and/or accessories we don't know about or don't agree to insure may void your Just Car policy.

lol meh I just insured mine as a standard GTS-t skyline with no modification

lmao, wheni had my 33, i rang RAC, heard from a few mates they were good, i got my finance through them so i figured why not get them to insure it... so i call them up, start the application, then she asks what car is it, I WAS F*$KING GOBSMACKED!!... sorry we dont insure skylines! So they would give me the money for the car, but not insure their own investment... what a bunch of tools

So they don't insure skylines at all? Not even the cheapest 3rd party one?

And here my dad kept on saying that he will just transfer the 3rd party RAC insurance from my mum's now deceased VN to my R33.

Coz just car gave me a $350 quote for 3rd party, & both of my parents where like "WTF?! thats ridiculous, the VN's 3rd party is only $180 & Camry's full cover is ~$450", after hours of trying to explain to them the under 21/P-plate/turbo things, still not working >_>"

Oh great >_>".

Last time when I went to RAC with mum to change the family's camry cover from full down to 3rd party (full is useless, since both of my parents drive like grannys), I asked them if its possible to transfer the VN's (under my dad's name) to a R33 (also under his name). The lady at the counter said should be ok, but she can't do it since my dad was not present at the time.

And when she aked what car it was my mum said skyline & she was like :banana: for about a minute then said sorry I don't know what car that is... never heard of it.

>_>"

thing with just car is the excess....if i want to make a claim its $2700 pffft. it just means you won't make a claim unless it's a write off.

my policy is ending in 2 wks so been calling around and hbf would consider covering me if i was 20 but because im only 19 and will be 20 in april they won't, what is 3 months going to do.

tried alot of other companies and all said no even though i have only had 1 speeding fine and nothing else which means might have to go back to just car because i won't go without insurance just in case the worst happens "touch wood" but won't make a claim if i have an accident so really it's lose lose as usual :banana:

ROFL @ Justcars

they wouldnt insure me and i have held a license for 27 years never had an accident and have always been 60+% no claim bonus with any other insurer

Criminal conviction? Hurt anyone's feelings once? :O

Back OT: This thread makes me feel special being older, under 900bux/year for me :D

im with HBF they're pretty good in price 1000 a year for me i joined when i was 18.....and their excess is okish so its all good :)

You're under 21? How did you manage that?

OMG, I'm only paying 1k for mine... wtf?

Are you sure that's not your excess cost? My excess is 1k as well. And full comprehensive insurance with Just Car is about $2964 or something.

Maybe coz I live in Rockingham they jack the price up lol. bastards.

OMG, I'm only paying 1k for mine... wtf?

It's all got to do with speeding fines, and other factors which will influence the price and excess...

Insurance is based on risk to put it very simply, so the more risk you are... the more you pay :D

man some of you guys are payin way too much for insurance eh, jesus christ, 2000 plus excess is horsesh*t!! even 1000... seriously, shop shop shop and shop around some more eh, like i said b4, my excess is only $250, thats it, and thats for a R34 2 door...

As for mods, they not too picky about what mods you have, when my 33 was written off(thanks to the f*$ker that pulled out in front of me) i had illegal gauges, front mount, bov, turbo timer, boost controller, hid's, massive exhaust you know the whole shabang, they didnt even care... the only thing they told me this time was that i cant have boost controller, big no no to them, but in the end, if its a write off i dont think they give too much of a damn eh!! :( just tell em its as close to stock as possable... easy as!!

Edited by A31StRuCK

It's all got to do with speeding fines, and other factors which will influence the price and excess...

Insurance is based on risk to put it very simply, so the more risk you are... the more you pay :(

But I have a clean sheet... surely they wont double and a half the insurance because I'm from bogan land. How old are you Fire Angel if I may ask?

But I have a clean sheet... surely they wont double and a half the insurance because I'm from bogan land.

They do ask where the car is parked overnight in insurance quotes. This might have a part to play in the price, try doing an online quote through Justcar and see if you changing suburbs makes a differance?

Well im with justcar pay $1200 a year, ok for all you guys with hbf... i am 21 so i meet the age requirement but they said they will not insure my car because i have a boost controller! Any1 actually have a boost controller and have insurance with hbf?

Edited by Bo0stR32

Spoke to famous insurance then and they will only insure turbo cars for people 20 and over, this is rough breakdown of what they can do compared to just car for anyone in same position as me. 96 33 gtst

Famous

Excess - Basic $750

- Age $500 - Under 21

- Age $250 - 21 to 25

Amount covered: $21000

Mods: Susp, wheels, exhaust, intercooler

they also give choice of repairer and windscreen repair and there is no theft excess - premium came to $2222 tho

Just Car

Excess - Basic $450

- Age $650

- Vehicle $1500

- Theft $1000

Amount covered - $17600

Mods - Exhaust - there is no choice of repairer, obviously no point with windscreen with the huge excess as well as theft excess on top and generally getting screwed over by just car - premium came to $1877

I'm going to renew this policy with just car for 6 months, cancel after 3, get my money back and give them the finger and go to Famous when i turn 20 in April. I recommend anyone else to try Famous as it seems a much better option than just car. Just remembered that hbf will cover you if 21 and consider covering if your 20.

Edited by Onthehunt

Are you sure that's not your excess cost? My excess is 1k as well. And full comprehensive insurance with Just Car is about $2964 or something.

Maybe coz I live in Rockingham they jack the price up lol. bastards.

LOL, my excess is $1600 (car plus stereo excess), and that's the lowest it will go until my car depreciates a lot more. This is with a fair few listed mods and stereo, and a few tiny speeding fines listed. It was the same price before and after turning 25 ;) But my car is garaged in canning vale, not boganville...

*Thread hijack*

A31StRuCK, who are you with? when I signed up only just car and shannons would insure me

OnTheHunt, your car is a higher risk model than the other 33's according to just car (black listed!)

Edited by fire_angel

OnTheHunt, your car is a higher risk model than the other 33's according to just car (black listed!)

that's sucks lol. how do you know that? mate is same age and getting s15 insured through them and has no vehicle excess of $1500 so yeh being black listed sounds about right. why would a 96 33 be black listed over other 33's including a 97?

Im with just car and am paying $2314 a year . .

I thought it was ok for me since im 21, lost licence for wreckless, lost it for points a month after i got it back from wreckless, had 3 fines (1 point and 8 on double demerits and 3 for insufficient light in the hours of darkness . . thats what the fine said)

But ive never made a claim or had a crash . .

Oh and i drive a 93, mark 4, twin turbo, 6 speed supra, so thought it was ok