SAU Community

Please Help!

EMZ R33

Hi Guys there may be a quick and simple answer to this prob that im having despite the hours and hours that ive spent checking, splitting and cutting wires!

Long story short i wanted to get rid of the electric antenna from coming up and down each time my head unit comes on and off. Firstly it goes up way past the roof and it looks like im fishing and secondly.............................well thats it really, i look like im fishin'.

So i disconnected a few wires in hope that id simply cut the power to the antenna but now, for whatever reason my amp and consequently sub arent getting power = no doof doof :banana:

Ive tried (as stated above) reconnecting the original wires and have tried 2 diff amps with the sub and same setup but it just wont work.

At the moment ive simply got the remote wire for the amp connected to the back of the headunit. All other wires are connected as normal (speakers) and ive got the pre amp plugs (L&R) both connected to the amp.

Can anyone help me out. What connections have i missed?????

Any advise would be greatly appriciated people.

Kind regards, Evan

Edited by EMZ R33

Have you checked your fuses in case you blew one??? and your ariel shouldn't be going up and down as soon as you turn off your HU it sounds like you had the antenna wire connected to the acc wire and not the dedicated power wire for the antenna

So i disconnected a few wires in hope that id simply cut the power to the antenna but now, for whatever reason my amp and consequently sub arent getting power = no doof doof :D

At the moment ive simply got the remote wire for the amp connected to the back of the headunit. All other wires are connected as normal (speakers) and ive got the pre amp plugs (L&R) both connected to the amp.

================================================================================

=========================

make sure your antenna is DEFINATELY connected to the remote antenna out coming off your head unit. this is usually blue.

also make sure your other wires are properly connected up whilst doing it. as for your sub and amp, you do have a positive and negative lead running to them yes?

maybe check the ground and the 12v lead coming from the battery? As there is no fuse for the power antenna dont bother wasting your time there.

Edited by dnbutts

• 1 month later...

Hi ppl.

prob fixed

Went to autobahn..........checked a funky looking inline fuse (cylinder fuse).........i think it was the antenna fuse......new one put in and presto!!!!

sorry to waste peoples time..........but thanks for the ideas guys and girls.

EMZ