SAU Community

Fuel Pump wiring for Microtech

I think Microtech got it all screwed up.

Pin 30 is (nearly always) +12V

85 / 85a are the 2 pins oriented at right angles to Pin 30 (assuming a standard Bosch 5-pin relay here). These are outputs.

Pins 86 / 87 are parallel to Pin 30, and they do the switching so that Pin 30 connects power to 85 / 85a.

Thus:

......._

....I.._..I

........I

....86 85a 87

(Ignore the dots, just so that the spacing comes out right)

So

30 = +12V

87 => MT8

86 <= ignition power

85 => pump

Okay,

blind_elk: My relay has the following pins:

......._

....I.._..I

........I

....86 87a 85

Even wiring it up as you suggested (swapping 87 with 85) still didn't work, but the relay still turns off after 5 seconds or so.

kjb_r33: Power is coming out of the constant power line which is fused via a 15 amp fuse. Power is also coming out of the contacts when connected.

Has anyone wired an aftermarket computer in an R31 aussie built skyline? Loce to hear from you.

Cheers

Dean

Something interesting I just found. When the ignition is turned off, the positive off the fuel pump is really ground and when the ignition is turned on, it has power. What is going on here?

Six wires come from the fuel pump. One is an earth, two are for the fuel warning lamp and gauge, one goes to the fuse box and the others go to the computer. The ones that go to the computer (white & black) are both via a shielded cable. Can Someone tell me how to wire up these two wires.

Or do I use the wire that runs from the fuel pump to the fusebox instead?

Okay, spoken to microtech and they said that I need the positive wire from the fuel pump connected to the right pin. Can Someone tell me what wire from the pump to the computer is the positive one (r31 aussie built). The white wire that is shielded has negative power when the ignition is turned off but has positive power when the igintion is turned on. The black wire that goes with this wire has nothing (no power or ground). It can;t be the white wire as I have connected it up to the relay but no fuel pump. Is there another that I'm missing? The wire that goes to the fuse box (blue or green?), is that positive power from the pump?

Cheers

Dean