SAU Community

Leewah's Account of MAS and Thank yous

Leewah

Thanks for all the kind comments people, I really appreciate it. It couldn't have been done without all the people mentioned in the inital post. It does take a whole team to get a car to this point. It's almost impossible to do all of it yourself and I'm very proud be surrounded with so many people with the same passions as I do.

4x4 power slide, id hate to try and control that for the first time if u didnt know what you were doing

Did u end up finding out who put the silicon on the tread?  

Hehe. 4x4 slides are cool. Believe it or not, what you saw in the carpark was my 2nd time I did it....The first was when I was taking the car to Ice after tuning on Friday :( Let me tell you that it is a weird feeling when all 4 wheels break traction :)

No, I never found out who siliconed the tread but we got there anyways despite the setbacks. I'm happy with that.

what quarter mile time would you get running? how about 0-100?

Not sure what my times will be. Last I ran on the strip, it did a 11.5@124 Mph on Falcan Azinis and a slipping clutch. It also only had 370 Rwkw.

Now that I have Nittos, a triple plate clutch and a tough g/box, I too am interested in the times this car will make.

0-100 was measured at 3.4 secs with a stopwatch in the car. That was with 365 Rwkw.

is this Dave that usually hang around Benny's house before BMT moved to the other side?

Negative on that one. The first time I met Benny was at MAS. He is one of the most genuine guys I have ever met and once again I must thank him and the BMT crew for their help during the show. I can do a BBQ though :D

The GTR won't be out for a little while. We're having brake issues at the moment so until their fixed, we won't be driving fast anywhere.

I will keep you all updated as to when I'm heading to the drags.

cool sounds good you know you want 8 pistons on the front hehe.

If you need a free tow / suport vehicle let me know, but sometimes not worth the hassles of a trailer etc. Can you fir the Porsche Brembos that G has or too much work??

Dave... I say we have a celebratory BBQ and you can be chef for the day :) if the barbie dun work we can use Golgo to cook the shit... Nah seriously when the car is all done, let me know and I'll organise a day for all the SAU ppl to come and worship/pay homage to it.

• 8 months later...