SAU Community

Another Mesh Thread

moobaque

Hey all,

As some of you maybe aware ive been moding a series 1 mspec bar for an intercooler.

im all keen to put a mesh on the bar to attempt to protect the cooler from the majority of stones being flicked up but not have a weave thats so tight it kills my air flow.

Now ive been doing many a search through this forum with many explanations on how people have mounted the mesh which has been most helpful but im struggling to purchase some mesh to do the job.

A few people mentioned that supercheap/autobarn carry a saas universal mesh which i went and checked out today. besides the quality being horrible they only sell the mesh in a sheet 1200 x 280mm. this is not tall enough for my application so not really an option.

I've also today done a ring around of many security screen places that are of a reasonable driving distance from my house in hawthorn (places in burwood, box hill, dandenong, malvern, ringwood, ashwood) and all only had a security mesh that was of a tight weave (because in there application it was to act as a flyscreen also)

I then contacted a company who is a wholesaler of bluescope products but do sell to the public and on there website seem to have mesh that would do the trick but claimed they had no sheets in victoria and wouldn't be interested in bringing any down from newcastle unless it was a big order.

can anyone point me in the direction of a specific company in melbourne? I'm figuring aluminium would be the go for weight, minimum corrosion and ease of bending at install time, but if i have to go down the steel path then that will be acceptable as well. im figuring a weave with 6-10mm2 openings is prolly a decent size to keep airflow good and protect from larger stones.

any help would be much appreciated as im really wanting to do sort this out asap

Cheers

Camden

HAve you tried these people?

Dancore

I cant find the receipt but im pretty sure they sold this to me about 12 months ago, you will be hard pressed to find anything better, closer to you, direct to public. It was expensive though, i think i payed $100 for a square metre of the 11m aperture 1.5mm wire thickness mesh that was galvanised. There is a shiny stainless steel version that was about $190 for the same thing but is much harder to work with and cut. they had a small display to give you an idea but is seems they are used to people who know exactly what they want or are from the industry so don't be a hoodrat when you walk in. Maybe print off their catalogue page and highlight a few, creditcard only or business account, you order, you pay, you wait. They roll it up in one loop and put a piece of string around it for you and then its up to you. 1sq. metre is the minimum and they are used to selling lots more than that in one transaction so don't expect the greatest service. Things may have changed but these are my recommendations.

P.s, The gal. steel version still looks good but is no londer as shiny as it was new, if you are going to spray it do it brand new because the shine will dull and it will be harder to do down the line or opt for the 'pimpin' stainless version.

PM me if you want photos of how it looks.