SAU Community

Sick Of My Squeaky Clutch.

LatinR33

Im fairly positive spraying the clutch pedal with wd-40 will not do much. Im sure its the clutch fork. How can I quieten down this bastard. A mechanic told me its not even worth it due to the amount of work required to reach it properly.

I used motorcycle chain lube to lubricate the clutch fork pivot ball to stop the squeaking. The chain lube is formulated to resist being flung off so its ideal for lubing up the pivot ball (to minimize the chance of lube going onto other parts of your clutch). Hasnt squeaked since.

I used motorcycle chain lube to lubricate the clutch fork pivot ball to stop the squeaking. The chain lube is formulated to resist being flung off so its ideal for lubing up the pivot ball (to minimize the chance of lube going onto other parts of your clutch). Hasnt squeaked since.

How did you reach the clutch fork? What exactly do you need to lubricate??? I wish someone had pics =(

There is a thread in the general maintenance section on how to grease/lube the clutch fork. All you need is a can of motorcycle chain lube. The one I used came in a spray can with a straw attachment for the nozzle. Basically there is a rubber grommet on the bellhousing (which the clutch fork protrudes through) which you can pull off. Then you simply spray a small amount of lube onto the clutch fork where it contacts the pivot ball.

Correct, if you get underneath the car on the side of the gearbox you will see the slave cylinder. It pushes the clutch fork which penetrates the bellhousing and is sealed from the outside elements by a rubber boot. I have not done this myself, but what you "could" do is slide the hose up past the rubber boot and spray a bit of chain oil up there against the clutch fork. I Probably wouldnt spray too much though...

So here is a pic of the clutch fork area. For people who are not mechanically minded where would you need to spray to stop the squeek? To access this area its on the passenger side near the wheel i believe right? Do you need to take off any covers to get access to this also?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=39884

Edited by LatinR33