SAU Community

Removing Upper Control Arm For Adj Castor Bushes

BAMR33

Hey Guys

Having a little trouble here removing a rear upper control arm to install a whiteline adjustable camber kit. I've got the bolt undone & out the side closest to the hub except the other side seems have an eccentric washer fitted for factory camber adjustment. This washer seems to be pressed onto the bolt because the nut came off but bolt won't come out.

There is a groove on the bolt and section cut out on the washer but I'm not sure how this helps, I'm thinking it might need some sought of puller to get it off. I've tried some light persuasion with a rubber mallet but I don't want to destroy the thread on the bolt or the washer for that matter.

Got some pics of suspect. Any help on how to remove this washer will be much appreciated.

post-17633-1203230868_thumb.jpgpost-17633-1203231082_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Brett.

Edited by BAMR33

Hey Guys

Having a little trouble here removing a rear upper control arm to install a whiteline adjustable camber kit. I've got the bolt undone & out the side closest to the hub except the other side seems have an eccentric washer fitted for factory camber adjustment. This washer seems to be pressed onto the bolt because the nut came off but bolt won't come out.

There is a groove on the bolt and section cut out on the washer but I'm not sure how this helps, I'm thinking it might need some sought of puller to get it off. I've tried some light persuasion with a rubber mallet but I don't want to destroy the thread on the bolt or the washer for that matter.

Got some pics of suspect. Any help on how to remove this washer will be much appreciated.

post-17633-1203230868_thumb.jpgpost-17633-1203231082_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Brett.

Put the nut half on and give it a tap with a hammer, it will slide out once you get it moving.

Cheers

Gary

Put the nut half on and give it a tap with a hammer, it will slide out once you get it moving.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks for the response Gary, figured it out yesterday. The problem was the washer pin wasn't around near the groove on the bolt so pin was stuck on the thread, don't know how it got there but it caused me all hell trying to get if off.

Another question anyone know where the factory washers should be aligned too? Bulge out toward the the hub?

Thanks for the response Gary, figured it out yesterday. The problem was the washer pin wasn't around near the groove on the bolt so pin was stuck on the thread, don't know how it got there but it caused me all hell trying to get if off.

Another question anyone know where the factory washers should be aligned too? Bulge out toward the the hub?

It's an alignment setting, you rotate it to get the adjustment you want.

Cheers

Gary